none
Volume too low on home premium vista sp 1 - please help

Question

• Hi, The audio volume on vista is too low. 

How can I increase the volume on Windows Vista.

Just got Vista pc few days back.

Today, had to turn full volume on volume icon in start bar, as well as turn full up in windows media to hear a speech and not really hear good enough, or as would desire; is quite low.  (to note this is something I've always listened to with xp.)

This is after yesterday realizing same thing on listening to music, is way too low.

Also, in start bar is the volume icon, which has just a single slider, where in xp we had volume and could adjust several things.  Is there any way to get the full capability volume icon which gave us some 5 controls?

Main question though, how do I increase volume on windows vista (home premium sp1?)

Appreciate your help!

Thanks
    Michelle
    Monday, July 07, 2008 3:46 PM

All replies

• Control Panel\Hardware and Sound

adjust the controls from there? 
    Monday, July 07, 2008 7:26 PM
  • Hi, there is nothing to adjust or nothing that will adjust or nothing which will increase the audio.

my speakers do not show in the sounds in control panel.

under speaker it says realtek high definition audio under speaker.

My speakers, are old altec lansing with a box, perhaps a woofer or such, and with xp didn't use a driver, just worked.

don't know what xp used to show in sounds, but I would guess my speakers didn't show there either as is no installation; but just plug them in to back of pc.

in my start bar where processes are running shows realtek audio manager which also does nothing, or has nothing which fixes the sound problem.

This is a new pc, week old, with Vista running.

Never a problem on xp with volume, so not sure why with Vista.

Do i need delete what is in sounds but if so, how do i install my speakers which have no disk for install as these were bought when had win 98 and been using ever since, thru xp and now Vista.

Thanks for your help,

Monday, July 07, 2008 7:35 PM