none
HP Office Jet 3600 not compatable with new Dell with Windows 7

Question

• I have a new Dell laptop and an HP Office Jet all-in-one printer which is only a year and a half old. I can't intstall the printer software because it says it isn't compatable. Is there any thing I can do short of buying another printer?
    Saturday, October 16, 2010 2:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

Since this HP Office Jet 3600 is not compatible with Windows 7, there’s a workaround I recommend you.

You can use Windows XP Mode, a new feature in Windows 7. Then install the printer driver in XP Mode and use it.

Please refer to : Windows 7 feature: Windows XP Mode

And you can download XP Mode here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Hope it works.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 9:07 AM

All replies

• There are new drivers available for your printer model from HP, updated for Windows 7. These are available in both 32 bit & 64 bit.

Go to the HP website and search for your printer "OfficeJet 3600". Select the precise printer model from those offered and then select whether you need 32 bit or 64 bit.
    Download, install and then plug in the printer when requested by the installer.
    This will give the full range of HP solutions so full functionality is obtained.
    Hope that this helps. The HP website that you go to will vary dependant upon where you are in the world.
    Regards     Pat

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Sunday, October 17, 2010 11:56 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the post!

Since this HP Office Jet 3600 is not compatible with Windows 7, there’s a workaround I recommend you.

You can use Windows XP Mode, a new feature in Windows 7. Then install the printer driver in XP Mode and use it.

Please refer to : Windows 7 feature: Windows XP Mode

And you can download XP Mode here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Hope it works.

Regards,

Miya

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 9:07 AM