none
Trouble with ATI Drivers installing

Question

• whenever i try to install the windows 7 preview drivers from ati it gets stuck in the analyze section and at the Enumerating Source Media for installable packages does anyone know how to fix this and it happens for express install and custom
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 11:17 PM

Answers

•   I had the same problem with the catalyst setup getting stuck at "enumerating sources." What actually worked for me was to change the folder that I installed the drivers to a either a folder in a user directory or in a public folder. 
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 5:33 PM

All replies

• Corrupt driver download maybe. Or do you need chipset drivers for an on-board
    ATI graphics adapter as well?
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 12:30 AM
  • Gimpy42 said:

whenever i try to install the windows 7 preview drivers from ati it gets stuck in the analyze section and at the Enumerating Source Media for installable packages does anyone know how to fix this and it happens for express install and custom

You could try force installing them by opening up a command line with admin rights, CD'ing into the directory where the drivers are unpacked, and then running:

.\Bin\setup.exe /INSTALL /FORCE_HIDE_FIRST_RUN /AUTOACCEPT_ALL

http://blog.tiensivu.com/aaron/ - https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Aaron.Tiensivu
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 12:43 AM
  • this is for 2 single 4870's in crossfirex and how do i CD in the directory i dont know how to do that kinda stuff but i do have administrative rights
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 12:51 AM
  • i think i did the run thing correctly and it still didnt work but please tell me how to do it to make sure i did it right
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 1:05 AM
  • Gimpy42 said:

this is for 2 single 4870's in crossfirex and how do i CD in the directory i dont know how to do that kinda stuff but i do have administrative rights

I don't know where you (or the ATI installer) unpacked the files, but let's use "C:\ATI\New Driver" for this example.

- Press Windows Key + R
    - Type cmd in the dialog and press ENTER
    - Type C: (the drive where the files are located) and press ENTER
    - Type cd "ATI\New Driver" and press ENTER
    - Type .\Bin\setup.exe /INSTALL /FORCE_HIDE_FIRST_RUN /AUTOACCEPT_ALL and press ENTER

This should hopefully get you on your way.
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 1:10 AM
  • it said detection software failed
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 1:37 AM
  • Gimpy42 said:

it said detection software failed

I haven't purchased an ATI card in years and the often cumbersome drivers are one of the reasons I went back to NVIDIA. Unless somebody else has an solution I'm afraid you'll have to wait until ATI updates its drivers for the Windows 7 Beta. =( By the way, have you tried installing the generic Vista 32-bits drivers for your cards (assuming that you're running Windows 7 32-bits)?

I do miss ATI Tray Tools though, it rocked.
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 1:41 AM
  • I just did an update drivers from the properties on my 4850 and it downloaded the lastest drivers (12/10 or something) and installed them from microsoft.   I tried downloading them directly from ATI's web site and IE8 BSOD'd on me.  Boo.  But update drivers worked.  
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 1:45 AM
  • i tried the force install but it got stuck at the same spot enumerating source media thing can someone send a link to a download that worked for them
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 4:43 PM
  • Did you downlod the driver for Windows 7?!   http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894  for me this driver work!
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 5:20 PM
  •   I had the same problem with the catalyst setup getting stuck at "enumerating sources." What actually worked for me was to change the folder that I installed the drivers to a either a folder in a user directory or in a public folder. 
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 5:33 PM
  • try installing to a different directory, it worked for me. i found the answer on ati's forums btw
    • Proposed as answer by RossWiM Tuesday, April 21, 2009 2:17 PM
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 5:34 PM