windows 7 driver for web-camera Asus DC-3120

Question

• i have xp driver, but it cann't intstall (some error). any idea?

web-cam was produced in 2003.
    Saturday, November 07, 2009 9:51 PM

Answers

• Try running the driver in xp compatible mode under win 7 and next run as adminstrator
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, November 13, 2009 1:48 AM
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 2:06 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi nickispeaki,

It is recommended installing the compatible device driver for Windows 7. However, if driver is not available, please first contact the webcam manufacturer first and see if they can provide any update for the driver.

Also, you can install the older driver in the Compatibility Mode as Daniel mentioned to see if the issue can be resolved.

If the driver still cannot be installed in the Compatibility Mode, please purchase a newer web-camera which is compatible with Windows 7.

Regards,

Linda

Monday, November 09, 2009 5:59 AM

All replies

• Try running the driver in xp compatible mode under win 7 and next run as adminstrator
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 2:06 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi nickispeaki,

It is recommended installing the compatible device driver for Windows 7. However, if driver is not available, please first contact the webcam manufacturer first and see if they can provide any update for the driver.

Also, you can install the older driver in the Compatibility Mode as Daniel mentioned to see if the issue can be resolved.

If the driver still cannot be installed in the Compatibility Mode, please purchase a newer web-camera which is compatible with Windows 7.

Regards,

Linda

Monday, November 09, 2009 5:59 AM
  • Got it working in windows 7.

The DC-3120 is based on Omnivista OV519, alot of others cams do too, so I started looking for any cam with OV519 who had drivers for Vista or Win7.

And I found one, Hercules Webcam Classic has drivers for Vista 32 and 64-bit here : http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=6&fid=37&pid=183&cid=1

Download it and grab the drivers from the TEMP folder when you start the install-program.

Also make sure to edit the HCLASSIC.inf like this:

replace:

%USB.DeviceDesc% = OVT.PCamMic.v64,USB\VID_05A9&PID_4519

with

%USB.DeviceDesc% = OVT.PCamMic.v64,USB\VID_05A9&PID_8519&MI_00

or whatever version you are using.

Save the file and install the driver, enjoy fully working old cam on win vista/7

Friday, December 24, 2010 12:40 AM
  • I still can't get it working under windows 7 x64, can't you send your .ini file to me?
    Sunday, December 26, 2010 12:47 AM
  • i was hard to find and do but i finnaly get done and it work !!!!

thank you ! 

Thursday, January 13, 2011 4:37 PM
  • Thanks a lot, it's working !

When launching the install program, there are two folders created in the Users\Yourname\AppData\Local\Temp

You have to take the one that contains the "x64" folder, otherwise it won't work

Thursday, August 04, 2011 3:02 PM
  • Thanks,it really works.
    Saturday, October 01, 2011 7:16 PM