none
Temporarily disable endpoint / realtime protection.

Question

• I would like to enable computer admins to temporarily disable intune endpoint protection (realtime scanner) on the workstation for software installation and/or troubleshooting.  I can find no reference to this in either the poicy or online documentation.  All help appreciated

tks

Update.   Using virtualbox the snapshot prior to installation of intune was able to install adobe reader x without problems.  However, the system (win7-32) with intune installed just hangs at program installation.  The decompression portion appeares to run normally, but "installation of program with features you selected" does nothing .  This install was attempted through the web install and failed similarly as it does using the enterprise local file install.  As far as I can tell the ONLY difference between these two snapshots is the intune install.
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 7:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Billb,

You can deploy a Windows Intune Agent Policy that will disable realtime protection.  It can take 8+ hours for policy to be applied.

Here is the online help information for that policy:

http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsintune/ff398995.aspx

I did attempt to reproduce your scenario and I was able to install Adobe Reader X without problems on a Windows 7 machine.  During install of Adobe Reader X you can check the %temp% folder for the installation log for further troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Jon

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:19 PM