none
Plugged In, Not Charging (WIndows 7, Dell Inspiron 6400)

Question

• I have already looked for solutions to this problem online but none of the suggestions have worked for me so far.

I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 with Windows 7.  My battery doesn't charge when I plug into the adapter.  All it says is "Plugged In, Not Charging".  I already bought a new battery but that didn't seem to solve the problem.  I have tried running Windows without the battery and there were no problems, so I assume the problem is not in the adapter itself (am I correct to assume this?)  After all, my computer still runs just by plugging it in.

I'm just wondering what other ways I can do to solve this battery problem.  I already tried the uninstall "Microsfot ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" method from the "Device Manager" and it still doesn't work.  If anyone have any other suggestions, please help me.

Friday, June 03, 2011 9:53 PM

Answers

• it used to happen to me, i changed the power cords. did u try 
    Thanks Uday Kiran,
    Senior Consultant

Cyquent Technology Consultants, Dubai

Please Mark as answer if it helps you
    Saturday, June 04, 2011 12:28 AM
  • Hi,

Also update the BIOS to the latest version. Logon with Safe Mode to see if the same issue occurs.

Furthermore, I suggest to contact Dell to check if motherboard or other hardware have problem.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, June 07, 2011 2:37 AM

All replies

• it used to happen to me, i changed the power cords. did u try 
    Thanks Uday Kiran,
    Senior Consultant

Cyquent Technology Consultants, Dubai

Please Mark as answer if it helps you
    Saturday, June 04, 2011 12:28 AM
  • Hi,

Also update the BIOS to the latest version. Logon with Safe Mode to see if the same issue occurs.

Furthermore, I suggest to contact Dell to check if motherboard or other hardware have problem.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, June 07, 2011 2:37 AM
  • i tried the device mgr method  but failed. what worked was plugging power cord into 3 prong outlet directly in wall (not surge protect extension cord) in different room. no kidding.
    Monday, March 19, 2012 3:45 PM