none
Windows XP 64 Bit - SNMP Install

Question

• This seems more difficult than I would expect, but what needs to be downloaded to a XP 64bit box so that when you install SNMP, it can locate the DLL's required?  It seems to be looking for them in an AMD64 and an I386.  All the searches point me to W2K3SP2 for XP 64 Bit for some reason.  Fine, but even that does not seem to contain all the DLL's it is wanting.  Maybe it is in the resource kit, but I am also wondering if for this version I need a particular set of DLL's built for it or if they are pretty standard across this layer of Microsoft products, etc?  The vendor that installed this version may have done their own tweaks to this OS, but they appear to not have provided any of the corresponding software required for windows components...funny since they deal in Network Monitoring that I can't add SNMP to their box in a simple fashion.

Friday, October 14, 2011 2:27 PM

All replies

• Does it shows what DLL it needs ???

Regards, h9ck3r.
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 7:26 AM
  • It was asking for DLL's that are the typical SNMP dll's listed at the below URL.  In the case of where it stopped it was lmmib2, but it wanted one of the others first and I pseudo installed W2K3SP2 so after it unpacked files and put them on C, I pointed the browse to that location and was able to get past the first DLL it wanted, but not the 2nd.  I could search and locate each one as well, but am not sure if all of the dll's are exactly the same or if I need a set that all go together and are for this OS version and contained within a particular software download...thanks for responding.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa379149(v=vs.85).aspx

Saturday, October 15, 2011 10:37 PM
  • You can copy the DLL's in c:\windows\system32. Also you can notedown the DLL's required and Download them fom microsoft and paste them into system32.

Please list the DLL's you need, i will paste the download links here.

Regards, h9ck3r.
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 12:32 PM
  • I think I have it solved.  All of the dll's were on my Win7 64 bit system (AMD64) except for four of them....those appears to be RIP or IPX based, so I copied and renamed one of the DLL's to each of those four names just to get through the install since I don't think the SNMP calls I will be making to this devices will require either of those protocols.  All in all, it needed 26 files, DLL's, MIB's, and a couple EXE's in the mix.  Thanks for the exchange.  I appreciate the help.
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:03 PM