none
Dongle problems in windows 7

Question

• Hello,

I am trying windows 7 on my new computer wich specs are: i7 920, 6 gig ram, asus p6t v2 motherboard
      Everything works fine but only one program fails, its easysign pro, wich is a dutch program to use a cutting-plotter.
      The program won't run in windows 7, it gives the message "no supported os", i've called the manufacturer and they admit that and will fix it in a next version.
      BUT we also have the xp modus, and here it goes wrong.
      The program uses a usb dongle from aladdin, windows 7 recognizes it and calls it HASP 2.17.
      Well this is what happens in xp modus: i install the program in xp, then i insert the dongle in a usbport... windows 7 recognizes it and finds the driver.
      In xp modus, in the top of the screen you have to attach the usb device to the virtual machine. 
      When i do that, the dongle no more flashes (it flashes when its connected).
      In windows 7 the drivers changes to "virtualization stub driver" and in windows xp you get the driver "aladding usb key".
      But when i start the program in windows xp it keeps saying: can't find the dongle.

Sorry for my bad english, i hope everyone can understand it.
      I hope someone haves a answer for me because i want to use windows 7, but without that program my computer is useless.
      Greetings, Bart from the Netherlands 
    Monday, June 22, 2009 8:57 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately Aladdin USB dongles do not yet work in Windows 7 RC. Many other people have had the same issue and I have no yet seen a solution, though there will likely be an update released by Aladdin in the future to provide better compatibility.

-Nick
    • Marked as answer by axfelix Wednesday, June 24, 2009 3:16 PM
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 1:06 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately Aladdin USB dongles do not yet work in Windows 7 RC. Many other people have had the same issue and I have no yet seen a solution, though there will likely be an update released by Aladdin in the future to provide better compatibility.

-Nick
    • Marked as answer by axfelix Wednesday, June 24, 2009 3:16 PM
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 1:06 AM
  • Thanks for your answer,
    i wil try windows 7 again when aladdin releases an update.
    Back to vista for now,

greetings bart
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 8:16 AM
  • try installing the Vista dongle drivers by right-clicking the installation file-select troubleshoot compatibility-and follow the dialog boxes. If it selects XP, let it install-then select it did not install correctly and select Vista and let it install again.

You can also find the Application Compatibility Tool here in the forums to run on the Vista build and determine potential software conflicts with Win 7.

You should be dual booting - you do not want a release candidate for your production computer.

Good Luck!
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 12:58 PM