none
MS Access 2007 stopped working.

Question

• When starting MS Access 2007, it frequently reports "Microsoft Office Access has stopped working.".

This occurs every time I attempt to open an already created database, and subsequently any recovery that Access attempts. I can cancel the recovery attempt and create a new database, but then the cycle starts over again..

This problem has only begun today, so I am assuming that something has been updated recently..

Any thoughts / solutions?

Regards

Nigel

Friday, August 31, 2007 4:16 PM

All replies

• Further information:

On a blank form (I use unbound) in design view - add a text box and delete its label then change the text box to a label - close the form and click yes to save it. Access Stops working...

Regards

Nigel

Tuesday, September 04, 2007 12:58 PM
  • did you find a solution you can share???  I have the same problem.  It did not start until I upgraded to Vista.  I am considereing uninstalling Vista in favor of XP.

Thanks for any solution you or anyone else has.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 2:43 AM
  • Hi Alex

No there has been no solution offered, all I have been able to do is work around the problem. You will (of course) need to ensure that your problem is the same as mine. Unfortunately, I upgraded to Vista before the upgrade to Office 2007 - so I cannot say whether Vista itself is to blame. The workaround for my problem, was to remove the labels that had been text boxes and add the labels manually - the problem then went away - except for the extra work needed...

Regards

Nigel
    Tuesday, November 13, 2007 3:28 AM
  • I can't even keep access open for two seconds before it crashes.  This is a real problem since I need access to invoice clients.

What does it take to convey the problem to a real microsoft engineer and get a solution (or at least the cause of the problem)?

I think i'll try a re-install of office before un-install vista.  Thanks for the feedback.

Saturday, November 17, 2007 5:15 AM
  • Can any Microsoft experts help with this?  The following error occurs when I try to import an excel file into an access 2007 data table:

"Microsoft Office Access has stopped working"

Why is this???  Similar error occurs with my new BlackBerry desktop device manager, which I have not been able to synch yet.

I have a dell Latitude D620 with Vista Business 32-bit, including the recent service pack, and office 2007.  I run defrag very often as well as a registry cleaner.

Please help Microsoft.  I am desperate!!!

• Proposed as answer by Jeffrey Breese Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:45 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Jeffrey Breese Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:45 PM
    Sunday, January 20, 2008 2:12 AM