none
Windows cannot complete installation in safe mode. To continue installing windows restart the computer

Question

• My dad has a windows 7 Vaio (VPCCB)  computer. He came home one day and couldn't use his computer because there is something wrong with the windows installation. This is an original OEM from the store/Sony. That means Windows 7 was already installed. We don't have a Windows Cd. So now he turns the computer on and he's getting this message, "Windows cannot complete installation in safe mode. To continue installing windows restart the computer." This happens over and over again - each time you click o.k it restarts and does the same thing. I press f8 and tried all the other booting options and I still get the same message including start windows normally. I managed to get into MSCONFIG to check if it was starting normally and it was. I then changed the boot setting to safemode and now it won't even let me press ctrl/alt/delete to access cmd. If i was able to access control panel and some files on the laptop it means there is an OS on the laptop. I just cant get in or the setup is corrupted.  I managed to make a repair CD with the laptop and another cd of Windows 7 (not the OEM) before but the repair results tells me that "if i have a device connected to the laptop, i should remove it and restart the computer. If this continues to happen, i should contact the admin or manufacturer". I had nothing/no usb, no camera inserted. My dad previously had one of those wireless mouse usb in it. I took it out. Still tried rebooting after that and nothing. Windows 7 keeps saying setup is preparing computer for first use but windows was already installed and no one tried re-installing it. After-all, we don't even have the CD for it.  I don't know why this is happening. Also used the repair cd to try a "system restore" and still nothing. Like i said windows was previously installed on the computer. My dad has documents including his thesis on it. So how do i even at least save his docs? The repair cd has a command promt option but i have no clue how to do anything. I found some BOOTREC/scanOS thing online, used the command and the result tells me there is 0 installations of windows. How can this be? My best bet is probably to take it to Sony or some pros to figure it out but i fear they'll end up still with a clean install; which is what i'm trying to avoid. I'm praying for a miracle here. 
    Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:11 AM

Answers

• Microsoft does not program or configure Sony OEM systems, Sony has sole responsibility for that.

You need to direct your question to Sony since they have much more knowledge about their systems than anyone here would in a Microsoft forum.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, January 20, 2013 1:36 PM
  • Hi,

You can restore this system to factory default settings since this is a OEM product. Also, you can contact SONY support to check whether the repair disk is available.

You can refer to http://www.sony.com/

Regards,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:54 AM

All replies

• Microsoft does not program or configure Sony OEM systems, Sony has sole responsibility for that.

You need to direct your question to Sony since they have much more knowledge about their systems than anyone here would in a Microsoft forum.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, January 20, 2013 1:36 PM
  • Hi,

You can restore this system to factory default settings since this is a OEM product. Also, you can contact SONY support to check whether the repair disk is available.

You can refer to http://www.sony.com/

Regards,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:54 AM