none
Error code: 0x800F0247 A problem was encountered while attempting to add the driver to the store

Question

• I am running Vista 64 bit with SP1. I do not know if my problem relates to the operating system or SP1 specifically but it may do.

I have recently tried to install two things on my system. The first was a digital TV tuner (USB dongle type). My system would not recognise the hardware, then it had a problem finding the drivers and when I guided it to the installation disk it eventually came up with the error code:

0x800F0247 A problem was encountered while attempting to add the driver to the store

I thought the dongle must be faulty so I returned it to the manufacturer.

I subsequently tried to install drivers for my Nokia phone and went through the same problems. However I had previously installed the drivers for this on another computer so I know it works but on my computer,  after much searching by windows and having to again direct it manually to the installation CD, I again get the message:

0x800F0247 A problem was encountered while attempting to add the driver to the store.

Does anyone have a detailed step by step guide on how to get my computer to add drivers to the driver store when installing new hardware? I ask for a step by step guide because I am a novice at this and the problem just will not go away. I really need to solve this issue.

Many thanks.

Neil.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 12:32 PM