none
My windows 8 computer won't let me turn on wifi!!

Question

• Okay, well a day or 2 ago I went on my computer and it wouldn't let me turn on wifi! So I just used my hotspot and plug it into the pc well now hotspot is unavailable for me and I tried to go to pc settings and turn it on but It won't work!! Please help!! PS: I tried turning airplane mode on and off but that didn't work, neither did restarting it
    Saturday, May 18, 2013 6:16 PM

Answers

• There are two aspect of turning on WiFi, the hardware and software. Unfortunately you have given no relevant information.

Consult your setup guide to discover which functional key (or combination) enable WiFi.

From the point of view os software, you may have installed wrong (optional) driver. Go to the vendor's support page and install recommended driver for WiFi.

Regards

Milos

Saturday, May 18, 2013 6:42 PM

All replies

• There are two aspect of turning on WiFi, the hardware and software. Unfortunately you have given no relevant information.

Consult your setup guide to discover which functional key (or combination) enable WiFi.

From the point of view os software, you may have installed wrong (optional) driver. Go to the vendor's support page and install recommended driver for WiFi.

Regards

Milos

Saturday, May 18, 2013 6:42 PM
  • Ok, try pressing the f2 key, if that dosent work try pressing the Fn + F2 key, thats a physical way you turn wifi off and cant turn back on, idk why, if it dosent work then you might have messed your computer internally.
    Monday, July 29, 2013 6:39 PM