none
Windows 7 HDMI sound not in playback?

Question

• Hello, everyone

i have windows 7 ultimate build 7600 installed on my HP Pavilion Elite m9280a Desktop PC that has HDMI output connection. and is connected to a HDTV using HDMI. i have good Video but no sound. I have installed my nvidia drivers and all and realtek audio but still no hope!

i have also checked the playback devices and there is no HDMI related connection to set as defualt?
    here is the only options i have.

●Speakers
    high Definition Audio device
    not plugged in

●Headphones
    not plugged in

●SP/DIF
    ✔ defualt device

and nothing relation to HDMI connection

when i had windows 7 realease canidate everything worked well threw HDMI now theres only Video and no sound.
    sound those work threw speakers! but i need it threw HDMI to have better sound.

to make sure that use think it may be a HDMI cable broken well its not becauce i have anathor computer that
    has a HDMI output and give Video and sound.

my computer video card: Nvidia Geforce 9500GT
    here is a link to my computer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=3705793&lc=en&cc=my&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=my

and link to my HDTV
    http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/lcd-tv/LA55B650T1FXXY/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:28 AM

Answers

• just try a different cord to start.

also try rolling back your realtek audio drivers just to see if the driver is whats causing the problem
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:30 AM
  • First, please let us know where did you get the display card driver, and sound driver. If you have sound while playing music with a headset.

In my opinion, you issue is more related to the graphica card driver, it's better to get the new driver from the following link according your system version:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us 

Once you download the new driver, please remove the old driver using the following method.

1. Click the Start Button, type devmgmt.msc in the “Start Search” box and press Enter.
    2. Expand "Display adapters".
    3. Right click the GT9500 card, and click "Uninstall".
    4. Restart the computer and boot in safe mode to install the new driver.

After that, please test again.

Good luck!

John
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:17 AM
  • Please access the following website, then choose the correct system. Please download audio and video drivers from the website and install them.

Select your operating system HP Pavilion Elite m9280a Desktop PC

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Monday, January 25, 2010 10:04 AM

All replies

• just try a different cord to start.

also try rolling back your realtek audio drivers just to see if the driver is whats causing the problem
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:30 AM
  • First, please let us know where did you get the display card driver, and sound driver. If you have sound while playing music with a headset.

In my opinion, you issue is more related to the graphica card driver, it's better to get the new driver from the following link according your system version:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us 

Once you download the new driver, please remove the old driver using the following method.

1. Click the Start Button, type devmgmt.msc in the “Start Search” box and press Enter.
    2. Expand "Display adapters".
    3. Right click the GT9500 card, and click "Uninstall".
    4. Restart the computer and boot in safe mode to install the new driver.

After that, please test again.

Good luck!

John
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:17 AM
  • Please access the following website, then choose the correct system. Please download audio and video drivers from the website and install them.

Select your operating system HP Pavilion Elite m9280a Desktop PC

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Monday, January 25, 2010 10:04 AM
  • SELECT SPDIF AS DEFAULT IN SOUNDS YOU WILL GET HDMI SOUND

CATON
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 3:25 AM
  • Stephan101,

I just spent a day trying to figure out why my HDMI audio device driver in Device manager does not show up in the playback tab.  The problem was that I was trying to connect to an HDMI input in my Vizio LCD TV and apparentlt that TV does not accept HDMI sound but requires a separate audio input.  When I plugged the HDMI cable from my computer into my Sony LCD TV, THEN HDMI audio device appeared in the playback screen, and I received both audio and video on the TV.  When I unplugged the HDMI device remained in the playback screen, but disappeared when I plugged into the Vizio TV.  Tricky!  Maybe it's not your problem (sine you had successful HDMI audio before), but the playback screen responding only when plugged into a HDMI audio-capable device is a confounding factor.

Monday, December 13, 2010 5:45 PM
  • I have dell inspiron laptop with windows 7 professional.. in any audio or video file, sound is not coming..sometime it comes sometimes it may not.. plz help me to overcome this problem...
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:47 AM
  • In the display adaptor we dont have option like GT9500.. only one option is there ,that one is Mobile Intel(R) Mirosoft Chipest Family(Microsoft Corporation WDDM1.1) what should i do???
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:51 AM
  • that does not work at all
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 4:23 AM