none
windows root\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

Question

• How do I reinstall this file if I cant get windows to open??

This is the file.  windows root\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

Please help..My daughters laptop is giving her this error. Is there anyway I can reinstall this file without geting into windows? if so how?? I'm a novice and will need step by step instructions.
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:40 PM

All replies

• one of 2 wyas the fitrs tis to run recovery to reload windows or if thtats not possible insertthe win xp cd into the dirve and then as the mahien boots  hold down F8 and choose safe mde with network suppor tit willfind the file you needna dlet winodws load

we can all laearn together to be better than we are
    Friday, February 26, 2010 9:35 AM

Please help..My daughters laptop is giving her this error. Is there anyway I can reinstall this file without geting into windows? if so how?? I'm a novice and will need step by step instructions.

If you have the installation disk, you can try using the recovery console and typing in "chkdsk /r" without the qoutes, if that one doesnt help then use "expand d:\i386\ntoskrnl.ex_ c:\windows\system32" without the qoutes again, thats assuming your hard drive is C: and the CD drive is D:. change them to the correct drive letter if not, that should replace the file, if you still get the same message after replacing it, then you dont have much choice except doing either a repair install or a clean install of the system

Dennis ,, Owner: HTML tutorial Please dont forget to mark any post(s) that helped as helpful or answered EMAIL ME:: PERSONAL EMAIL :: BUSINESS EMAIL
    Friday, February 26, 2010 12:24 PM

What if the F8 button is not working?

Sunday, April 03, 2011 2:10 AM