none
WordStar

Question

• (I expect brickbats from this inquiry)

I've used WordStar since 1984 for my law-office diary. When MS Word came along, I switched to MSW for everything else, but the WS-->MSW conversion utilities were unhelpful, so I stuck with WS for that single application.

Every one of the succeeding versions of Windows has supported WS.

W7 does, too. As long as I type "WS.EXE on the command line, WS pops up and runs flawlessly.

However, there seems to be no other way to bring it up other than on the command line. I can't pin it to the Start Menu.

Have I missed something in my old age?
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 9:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Have you tried creating a shortcut to the WS.exe and placing it on the desktop?
    • Marked as answer by Jobin Joshua Monday, November 16, 2009 11:04 AM
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 10:37 PM
  • As Lead3 said, you need a shortcut to ws.exe.

Open Windows Explorer. Navigate to the folder WordStar is in.
    Right click on ws.exe and select Send to the Desktop.
    Rich
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 11:14 PM
  • Thank you both. (I admit to feeling a little stupid because I had tried everything except that.)

--
    Ralph

Friday, November 13, 2009 10:16 PM
  • Now, Mr. No-meat,

while I never get used too much to WordStar, I must admit that my all-time-favorite of word processing was Word 5.0 (or 5.5?). The very only flaw of this program was its lacking ability to WYSIWYG but it was speedy as ____ compared with all newer "Word for Windows" versions. If I only could find the 5,25" slots for my old floppies...
    Mobile AMD64 3000+, VIA Apollo K8T800 chipset, 1 G RAM, ATIRadeonMobility 9700, 20x DVDRW, C:XPSP3 (55G),D:WIN7 (25G),F:DATA (250G)
    Friday, November 13, 2009 11:54 PM