none
USB001(Virtual Printer Port for USB).is Missing - How to Get it Back?

Question

• Running Windows 7 Ultimate.

Cannot see  USB001(Virtual Printer Port for USB) in the Device Manager.  But I had one there before.  How do I add it bacK?

I just tried completely reinstalling from the Win7 DVD. 

Friday, October 29, 2010 12:56 AM

Answers

• Hi,

What kind of printer did you use? The USB001(Virtual Printer Port for USB) is used for printing, maybe you already unplugged your printer from computer, If not, Please try to uninstall your printer drivers, make sure you unplug your printer USB cable->reboot your computer->Plug in your printer USB cable and let Windows find the drivers for it. If Windows can't find the drivers, Please install the latest printer drivers.

If issue persists, please contact your printer's manufacturer.

Thank you.

Monday, November 01, 2010 6:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What kind of printer did you use? The USB001(Virtual Printer Port for USB) is used for printing, maybe you already unplugged your printer from computer, If not, Please try to uninstall your printer drivers, make sure you unplug your printer USB cable->reboot your computer->Plug in your printer USB cable and let Windows find the drivers for it. If Windows can't find the drivers, Please install the latest printer drivers.

If issue persists, please contact your printer's manufacturer.

Thank you.

Monday, November 01, 2010 6:56 AM
  • This is useless. If W7 can't recognize it as a USB printer then how do we get a virtual USB port installed? Why don't any M$ techs ever answer the question that was asked?
    Monday, February 18, 2013 3:47 AM