none
windows 7 and the F5D7000 wireless card question

Question

• Im pretty sure that the F5D7000 card doesnt work with windows 7... can i get around that, i can use a cable either? and where can i tell Microsoft about that?
    • Moved by OthorvathMVP, Moderator Saturday, January 17, 2009 2:48 PM (Moved from Windows 7 Networking to Windows 7 Hardware Compatibility)
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 10:12 PM

Answers

• That card does indeed work with both Vista and Windows 7 (the card I'm using actually).  Belkin does supply a driver for Vista, though it didn't work for me in Vista or Windows 7 (and they said the exact same thing about engineers working on the problem when the Vista driver first came out).

The actual answer to this is to use the MS supplied Atheros Wireless Network Adapter driver.  Install it manually by updating the driver through device manager.  I've answered this in other areas as well.  If you'd like more assistance, just e-mail me, though this is a simple process.

• Proposed as answer by mpierce02 Tuesday, January 27, 2009 12:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alex T JrModerator Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:14 PM
    Tuesday, January 27, 2009 12:48 AM
  • ok i see. well i asked them and of course they said that the card was obviously not compatible. and i tried many drivers.... they did say that their engineers were working on the drivers for windows 7... so i guess ill just have to wait.  What version of the drivers will it be... 9000?
    • Proposed as answer by mpierce02 Tuesday, January 27, 2009 12:44 AM
    Friday, January 23, 2009 8:10 PM
  • ok finally i got the correct driver.... only took a few weeks... anyway it was a broadcom driver. when i had started windows it was going terribly slow and i didnt know why... like even the mouse was moving in big chunks so i decided to uninstall the network adapter. that worked and it was back to speed... still i was not connected to the internet. after much trial and error i found the broadcom 802.11g driver to work wonderfully (by wonderfully i mean it didnt destroy my computer) anyway thanks for all of the help.
    • Marked as answer by Mdizle Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:50 PM
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:50 PM

All replies

• If there are Vista Drivers available you should be able to install them directly or through Vista Compatibility Mode.  If there is no drivers available for Vista then you will have to contact the manufacturer of the product.  The manufacturers are responsible for making the appropriate drivers for the OS not Microsoft.
    ~Alex T.~
    ~Windows Desktop Experience MVP~
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 5:36 AM
  • ok i see. well i asked them and of course they said that the card was obviously not compatible. and i tried many drivers.... they did say that their engineers were working on the drivers for windows 7... so i guess ill just have to wait.  What version of the drivers will it be... 9000?
    • Proposed as answer by mpierce02 Tuesday, January 27, 2009 12:44 AM
    Friday, January 23, 2009 8:10 PM
  • That card does indeed work with both Vista and Windows 7 (the card I'm using actually).  Belkin does supply a driver for Vista, though it didn't work for me in Vista or Windows 7 (and they said the exact same thing about engineers working on the problem when the Vista driver first came out).

The actual answer to this is to use the MS supplied Atheros Wireless Network Adapter driver.  Install it manually by updating the driver through device manager.  I've answered this in other areas as well.  If you'd like more assistance, just e-mail me, though this is a simple process.

• Proposed as answer by mpierce02 Tuesday, January 27, 2009 12:49 AM
    Tuesday, January 27, 2009 12:48 AM
  • thanks thats good news... only thing is thats what i tried first.... i did actually did get one of the drivers for vista to work in vista after a bit of fiddling around but i cant get it to work in 7... it gives me like code 10 the device could not start...?

thanks

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:01 PM
  • I think the F5D7000 is based on the Ralink RT2500 Chipset.  You should find the Vista drivers HERE should work for you - they worked for me when I used a Belkin USB adapter under Vista and the Belkin drivers wouldn't.
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 10:02 PM
  • hmm well now when i try to install drivers it gives me code 1 or 28... they both say a service installation section is this INF is invalid... so i dont know what that means really... 
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:00 PM
  • I got the f5d7000 Belkin Wireless G desktop card working in Windows 7 beta 32bit version.  I just used the original card that I got with the device.

Then I installed the 64bit version of 7 and no luck, since the drivers were incompatible.  Then I searched the net for 64 bit Vista drivers, downloaded the latest (version 8) from Belkin, and that didn't work either.

I then switched from the f5d7000 (which, under the 'hood' uses a Broadcom chip), to another Belkin card which utilizes one of the Atheros chips, reinstalled the now malfunctioning 64bit install of windows 7, and this card worked immediately.  If you're still having trouble, and if you're using the 64bit version of Windows 7 beta, then this might just work for you.  I got both cards from Staples.

I hope this helps somebody.

Joey45

Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:23 PM
  • ok finally i got the correct driver.... only took a few weeks... anyway it was a broadcom driver. when i had started windows it was going terribly slow and i didnt know why... like even the mouse was moving in big chunks so i decided to uninstall the network adapter. that worked and it was back to speed... still i was not connected to the internet. after much trial and error i found the broadcom 802.11g driver to work wonderfully (by wonderfully i mean it didnt destroy my computer) anyway thanks for all of the help.
    • Marked as answer by Mdizle Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:50 PM
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:50 PM
  • Could you tell more witch drivers have you used. Becouse i used some broadcom driver and that didn't work eather.
    Saturday, January 31, 2009 9:44 AM
  • Ok i sortout my problem quite faster than few weeks :) well i starts yesterday testing w7beta and i had problem with f5d7000 driver but the answer is incredible easy. So today after trying so many drivers for my network adapter i back to my original CD with drivers for Belkin and install with success using Update Drivers in Device Manager as i try with others drivers but this time i pick direction to the CD and it working smooth. Sounds silly but its working

i hope it helps someone.
    • Proposed as answer by nikson.dk Saturday, January 31, 2009 10:29 AM
    Saturday, January 31, 2009 10:29 AM
  •  I don't know if these are all connected
    but I have found that function keys which operate my Wireless Network,
    maybe the route of all my problems
    because if I switch my Wireless Network off by using a function key f2 and I go to use my bluetooth
    I find the system crashes all the time but if I leave my Wireless Network running
    I have no problems.
    Saturday, January 31, 2009 11:28 AM
  • my cd didnt work... and i just stopped really trying for a few weeks... it wasnt really top priority. and it was just the plain broadcom 808.11g dirver.
    • Proposed as answer by nikson.dk Wednesday, February 04, 2009 3:10 PM
    Wednesday, February 04, 2009 12:58 AM
  • Thanks anyway Mdizle. I noticed that I don't loosing connection/signal now as it happened on XP previously.
    • Proposed as answer by admdev Tuesday, May 19, 2009 12:15 AM
    Wednesday, February 04, 2009 3:10 PM
  • Just finished installing Windows 7 RC1 and experienced this issue. I found this post by searching for an answer. What worked for me was the Broadcom 802.11n Network Adaptor, though, I needed to manually install it following what was already suggested here.

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 12:21 AM
  • I have a belkin F5D7000 v3au and to get it working in Win 7 RC i just downloaded the vista or xp drivers (F5D7000_V3.exe) from Belkins website. I already had it installed on my Vista partiton and just told Win 7 to look at the directory where those drivers are and it worked fine.
    Hope this helps someone out.
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 4:39 AM
  • Hi,

You say used the Atheros Wireless network adapter supplied by mircosoft could not get it work. I went to manually update, select select from list found Athereos but lots of types i selected the Atheeros Wireless Network Adapter as you said but then get message saying cannot start device can you help???
    Monday, June 01, 2009 8:42 PM
  • Hi all,

My problem is similar - using the F5D7000 device and I have tried a variety of Belkin, Broadcom, Atheros, and Ralink drivers (basically anything with a G). Driver Update (through a Bluetooth PAN from my phone) can't find anything either.

Each time I get the same error - Can't switch on the device (Error 10).

I know this specific device works fine on Vista x86 and x64, and Win7 x86.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Bruce
    Tuesday, June 02, 2009 12:12 PM
  • I had trouble with my F5D7000, but a perfect driver comes with Windows 7 (although it is tricky to find)

Update the driver manually, then Pick driver from a list, then:

Manufacturer:       Atheros Communications Inc.
    Network Adaptor:  Belkin Wireless A/G Desktop Network Card

It worked immediately. It would be nice if Belkin had it's own entry in the Manufacturer list as they are a major manufacturer.

I hope this helps
    • Proposed as answer by giladi71 Sunday, June 28, 2009 1:12 AM
    Sunday, June 21, 2009 8:37 AM
  • Thank you so much man! it worked perfectly!!!!
    It took 1 minute and it is working as you've mentioned. Too bad that Belkin don't have this as a recommendation or at least to mention that on their website!

Thanks again!
    Sunday, June 28, 2009 1:14 AM
  • I too had trouble and installed every driver under the sun to no avail. In desperation I copied the RT2500.sys from my Windows XP system32/Drivers to the windows 7 system32/drivers - lo it worked.

RT2500 802.11g WAD
    Ralink Tech
    V 3.00.05.0000
    237kb
    Modified 07/09/2005 16:49 (Date may be UK format)

• Proposed as answer by Morvan Thursday, July 23, 2009 2:26 PM
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 2:24 PM
  • After reading this with no answer working, I finally hooked up my computer to my router with a cable. Once hooked up i asked my computer to connect to Windows Update to find the latest drivers. The driver it found was 'Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PCI Card', it works perfectly. The card I actually have is the Belkin F5D7000 v1132uk. Hope this helps :)
    Saturday, July 25, 2009 11:12 AM
  • This card dont work every time i install it i get bsod im using windows in safe mode now because of the driver
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 11:00 PM
  • EVERYBODY LISTEN TO ME PLEASE I HAVE AN ANSWER FOR ALL OF YOU!!!!!!:

Ok, for those of you running Windows 7:

1) Go to the start button, push it
    2) RIGHT click computer
    3) LEFT click properties
    4) Now look to the plane on the left of the window that just popped up.
    5) LEFT click Device Manager
    6) Now click on the arrow next to the Network Adapters catagory (OR)
         look for the Network Card that had the yellow exclamatory sign next to it
    7) RIGHT click on it
    8) LEFT click Update Driver Software...
    9) Choose Browse my computer for driver software
    10)
    Choose Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
    11)
    Now look for the manufacturer (LEFT PANE) Atheros Communications Inc.
    12) NOT
    Atheros REPEAT NOT
    13)
    Click Atheros Communications Inc.
    14)
    Now under network adapter (RIGHT PANE) look for the EXACT following:

Belkin Wireless A/G Desktop Network Card

15)
    Click it then push NEXT
    16) 
    Click YES to the pop up
    17) After it's done click CLOSE
    18) BOOM!
    it's installed now click the network icon in the taskbar and enter your router's password
    19) YOUR DONE YAY!!!

This method worked for me and it should for you too. Well this is all I got so I hope it helps anybody who needs it, Srew flippin' Belkin.
    A friend had convinced me to switch to them and I work from home which cannot thrive WITHOUT internet. I've been off for TWO WEEKS, and I don't know whats gunna happen all because of Belkin. But do they care? ____ NO, because their "engineers" are working their hardest to get this problem fixed, Tell that to my damn boss Belkin!!

Well I fixed it and my intent is to help all you guys struggling out there.

Thanks,
    Dec0594
    • Proposed as answer by RIPTERROR Friday, July 06, 2012 12:14 AM
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 5:40 AM
  • AussieinCT sorry i just saw your post, you beat me to it!
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 5:41 AM
  • That didnt work for me (NL Windows 7 Ultimate)...
    Wednesday, December 09, 2009 7:24 AM
  • I love you.
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 4:50 AM
  • HI every1 I want 2 thank you Dec0594 well done for the instructions, as I followed Ur instructions I fixed my Wireless.

I have even created a video 4 those people who r finding this difficult with the same instructions as Dec0594.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c9njrklFpo

THX Again
    Monday, December 21, 2009 1:56 AM
  • hi mates,

I've done this you say, installing the ahteros driver, but it doesn't work for me. I get an error message claiming error code 10. I also tried the broadcom driver, same code.

Motherboard is an intel atom D945GCLF2 for desktop; I took a look at intel page, but no driver is ready yet, it claims.

My Windows 7 version is Ultimate one. It's strange because I got the same problem when I installed Vista, but then the Atheros driver worked alright. You all say it works, but it seems nobody had the same "code 10" error I get.

Should I buy a new card and forget  about this problem? Could anybody suggest a solution?

Thanks very much and sorry if there's any grammatical mistake, I'm Spanish ;)
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 11:02 PM
  • hi mates,

I've done this you say, installing the ahteros driver, but it doesn't work for me. I get an error message claiming error code 10. I also tried the broadcom driver, same code.

Motherboard is an intel atom D945GCLF2 for desktop; I took a look at intel page, but no driver is ready yet, it claims.

My Windows 7 version is Ultimate one. It's strange because I got the same problem when I installed Vista, but then the Atheros driver worked alright. You all say it works, but it seems nobody had the same "code 10" error I get.

Should I buy a new card and forget  about this problem? Could anybody suggest a solution?

Thanks very much and sorry if there's any grammatical mistake, I'm Spanish ;)
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 11:03 PM
  • I have the same problem as davetherake. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate and the fixes aforementioned do not work for me.
    Friday, January 22, 2010 3:00 PM
  • I should have posted this before, I'm sorry I didn't. My F5D7000 is now working under Windows 7, but the solution I found was so astonishing it can even be called "silly". Unfortunately this cannot be used if you don't keep the driver disc that came with the F5D7000. I can't remember right now every step I took, but I just had the cd on the cd-drive, but basicaly follow the steps that Dec0594 worte above, up till step 9; then -I think it was then- instead of choosing "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" in 10, you've got the drive where you can type the route where the driver should be; in my case it was e:\ Ok, I let it as it was, just e:\ or in other words, I told the computer "try to find it anywhere in that cd"... it worked. It's rather silly, it's just what we had to do years ago with Windows 98, same procedure, but instead of typing a whole adress, you click on the drive and let the rest completely empty. I'm not a computer technician nor informatic engineer, so I don't know anything from computers, I tried something I really didn't think could work because it was absolutely silly... but it worked. You just need the drivers cd, if you don't have it, I'm afraid it won't work. I hope this will help!
    Friday, January 22, 2010 3:41 PM
  • hey forum,

Dec0594 's solutions isn't working for everybody since there exists at least 8 versions of the f5d7000. Each one is using a differnet chipset and requiring its own driver. I am not 100 % sure, but maybe they are using:
    • V1 Broadcom BCM4306
    • V2 Boadcom BCM4306 (BCM94306 ??)
    • V3 Ralink rt2500
    • V4 Broadcom (???)
    • V5 Atheros AR5212 (labeled as Atheros AR2413a-001)
    • V6 Ralink rt61 (??)
    • V7 RTL8515L
    • V8 ???
    You can check your version by looking for a sticker at the front or back of your device (see Belkin website for more information) or maybe by searching the web for the hardware ID, which you can find
    • in the <device manager>
    • right click your device (in the Network Adapters catagory (OR ) look for the Network Card that had the yellow exclamatory sign next to it)
    • choose the <details> tab
    • choose <hardware-IDs> form the drop down box.
    • Your device's Hardware ID is: "VEN_[ID]&DEV_[ID]"
    If you have a V5 device follow Dec's solution.
    If you have a V3 see here (the same driver will probably work for v6)

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 1:47 AM
  • thanks pat youself on the back that worked a treat THANK YOU :)

Saturday, February 06, 2010 6:02 PM
  • hey forum,

Dec0594 's solutions isn't working for everybody since there exists at least 8 versions of the f5d7000. Each one is using a differnet chipset and requiring its own driver. I am not 100 % sure, but maybe they are using:
    • V1 Broadcom BCM4306
    • V2 Boadcom BCM4306 (BCM94306 ??)
    • V3 Ralink rt2500
    • V4 Broadcom (???)
    • V5 Atheros AR5212 (labeled as Atheros AR2413a-001)
    • V6 Ralink rt61 (??)
    • V7 RTL8515L
    • V8 ???
    You can check your version by looking for a sticker at the front or back of your device (see Belkin website for more information) or maybe by searching the web for the hardware ID, which you can find
    • in the <device manager>
    • right click your device (in the Network Adapters catagory (OR ) look for the Network Card that had the yellow exclamatory sign next to it)
    • choose the <details> tab
    • choose <hardware-IDs> form the drop down box.
    • Your device's Hardware ID is: "VEN_[ID]&DEV_[ID]"
    If you have a V5 device follow Dec's solution.
    If you have a V3 see here (the same driver will probably work for v6)

Yes mine was V4 broadcom worked great , Good reseach
    • Proposed as answer by Marketfr Tuesday, October 19, 2010 8:43 PM
    Sunday, February 14, 2010 7:32 PM
  • I ran into this with my mom's new PC.  Also Belkin F5D7000 wireless card.  Took the cpmputer over to where the router was, and it identified the card as "Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PC card" and installed a driver. As long as she can connect, it can call the card whatever it wants...
    Friday, February 19, 2010 2:27 AM
  • Thanks Dec0594 and Nanotron! Your solution (V5) worked for a TopCom SkyRacer 154 PCI card! You guys saved our day!
    Strange Windows 7 couldn't figure this out by itself, though..

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 10:50 PM
  • I had trouble with my F5D7000, but a perfect driver comes with Windows 7 (although it is tricky to find)

Update the driver manually, then Pick driver from a list, then:

Manufacturer:       Atheros Communications Inc.
    Network Adaptor:  Belkin Wireless A/G Desktop Network Card

It worked immediately. It would be nice if Belkin had it's own entry in the Manufacturer list as they are a major manufacturer.

I hope this helps
    Thanks for this post... I found this last. :).  Very helpful.
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 6:17 PM
  • I have what I believe a F5D7000 Ver 2, 

The  OEM Driver off the disc locked up my Win 7 Machine

I tried mulitple drivers and the one that worked is the Broadcom 802.11 Wireless G network adapter and it seems to work fine.

Bob

Friday, May 07, 2010 3:13 PM
  • I have looked on my card and it sais version v7000uk on a little sticker. Only problem is where do i find the RTL8515L driver ???? please help
    Saturday, May 29, 2010 1:07 PM
  • >>I had trouble with my F5D7000, but a perfect driver comes with Windows 7 (although it is tricky to find)

>>Update the driver manually, then Pick driver from a list, then:

>>Manufacturer:       Atheros Communications Inc.
    >>Network Adaptor:  Belkin Wireless A/G Desktop Network Card

>>It worked immediately. It would be nice if Belkin had it's own entry in the Manufacturer list as they are a major manufacturer.

>>I hope this helps

This worked great for me!! Thanks

Sunday, June 27, 2010 4:41 PM
  • Help me...!!! Have v7000.... how do I find RTL8515L driver??
    Saturday, July 10, 2010 5:26 AM
  • RTL is usually Realtek, so either go to realtek website or try a method from above but look for realtek device

or google rtl8515 driver see what comes up

Sunday, August 01, 2010 10:33 PM
  • Because I had so much trouble wanna help someone else out!

I followed Dec0594 steps, but came up with code 10.

Someone else said depends on version you have whether that will work for you! That may have been the case for me. However, this is what I did:

I took out belkin wireless card. Connected my computer to router with ethernet cable. Repaired LAN driver (on motherboard CD; don't know that this made the difference if you don't have cd). Updated windows 7.

I then put the belkin card back in computer (and connected to the internet via ethernet cable) and updated windows 7 again (this time belkin card came up). 

Removed the ethernet cable, and hey presto, restarted computer and my belkin card worked!!

So, if the Decs steps don't work for you. Get an ethernet cable and connect directly through router to update windows. Then use this to also update software for Belkin card before removing cable. The card definitely works in Windows 7.

Further to above: I have the Belkin software uploaded fine, so yes the card works. However, it is on and off and quite tetchy. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's really bad! I have ended up buying a cable and plugging directly into router. I've come to the conclusion that the problems with vista, are there with windows 7 and belkin have more work to do..

Monday, September 27, 2010 1:09 AM
  • thank you very much man, i'm french and i really enjoy because now i can use this networks card again in my 7 X64. 
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 8:45 PM
  • Anyone using Windows 7 professional (32 bit) with a ver 7xxx F5D7000 who still have the original driver CD with Vista drivers, browse to the installation files\vistaX86 folder on the CD when manually updating the driver.

Worked for me!

Sunday, October 31, 2010 12:48 AM
  • This was an extremely useful thread - so thanks to all who have contributed.

I have ver 7xxx and did what martin999xyz suggested - installing Vista 64 drivers on my Windows Home Premium 64 bit machine - worked straight away! Belkin could do with being more bl*ody helpful!!

Thanks all

Thursday, December 30, 2010 10:32 AM
  • If you have a F5d7000 v3 this is how i made mine work.

1. Install this driver IS_AP_STA_6x_D-1.2.3.0_VA-2.1.0.0_2500_D-3.2.0.0_VA-3.2.0.0_RU-2.0.4.0_VA-2.0.4.0_AU-1.2.1.0_VA-1.0.4.0_101707_0.1.0.29

2. Go to device manager, and manually update the driver, then choose pick from a list.

3. Scroll all the way down to Ralink Technology, Inc( Which will only be visible after installing the driver) Thin pick Ralink RT2500 Wireless Lan Card and install...

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 1:15 AM
  • Thank you so much for this!!!!!
    Monday, January 31, 2011 11:47 PM
  • Wow finally got mine working had to go to the RAlink website and download the driver from there. Install it then go into device manager and tell it to use the driver from under C:\Program files x86\RALINK\Drivers\ it ended up coming back working saying the network adaptor is a conceptronic 54g Wireless adaptor. Should of just saved myself the time and bought a new one. Looks like these cards are all rebranded so there could be lots of different models. I found out mine was RALINK by checking the original CD and finding that the driver on that was RT2500.inf

Gl everyone

Saturday, May 21, 2011 5:43 AM
  • If Anyone has a Belkin F5D7000 ver.6000 - (Ralink Chip 2651t)

54g PCI Network Card

and has been getting freezing using Windows 7

this is a stable Network Driver for x86 or x64 Windows 7 and now windows 8
    ive had non of that freezing for months now so its a nice driver

Download, then unzip the file and there's some basic instructions in the .txt file

there's 2 folders one for x86 Driver and one for x64 Driver

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/10/22/2155170/Ralink%20Technology%20Corp.%20-%20Network%20-%20Belkin%20F5D7000%20v6000%20Wireless%20G%20PCI%20Adapter.rar

Details:

-Supported Hardware IDs

pci\ven_1814&dev_0301&subsys_700e1799

pci\ven_1814&dev_0302&subsys_700e1799

-Supported Update IDs

72733f03-593b-4763-bb52-e5d2dbf9c1b3

3e8f45a6-e0b4-4b16-a6f4-f2b10f75ba80

Description........: Ralink Technology Corp. Network software update released in June, 2010
    Architecture.......: X86 - 32bit Drivers and x64 - 64bit Drivers
    Classification.....: Drivers
    Supported products.: Windows 7              
    Company............: Ralink Technology Corporation
    Driver Manufacturer: Belkin Components
    Driver Model.......: Belkin Wireless G PCI Adapter
    Driver Provider....: Ralink Technology Corp.
    Version............: 3.0.9.1
    Version Date.......: 6/2/2010

these were from the Microsoft Update Catalog Site, excelent place to look for new drivers

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=ralink%20wireless%20g%20pci

so if your hardware id's have the same numbers as these below, this set of drivers is probably what you want

pci\ven_1814&dev_0301&subsys_????????

pci\ven_1814&dev_0302&subsys_????????

pci\ven_1814&dev_0401&subsys_????????

Also the update catalog says these are now suitable for windows 8

• Edited by racky29 Sunday, May 20, 2012 2:45 PM new link and more info
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:12 PM
  • Thanks a bunch. I had already spent far too long trouble shooting my belkin wireless g desktop card. It appeared to "incompatible" with windows 7. I came across this thread and low and behold I found a remedy...again thank you!
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:40 AM
  • Oh but it does! See:

EVERYBODY LISTEN TO ME PLEASE I HAVE AN ANSWER FOR ALL OF YOU!!!!!!: 

Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:43 AM
  • Works like a charm. 1st attempt and were golden. Your brilliance and tenacity has saved the day.
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:44 AM
  • belkin f5d 7000 v3.-for vista/w7?/

1-install original driver cd in compyouter

2-do not use wpa2-psk encryption on router!!!!max-wep or wpa!!!

3-will operate smoothly!!!

its all

I kiss

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 4:11 PM
  • f5d7000-this card does not know the WPA2-PSK encryption!

the signal is caught but did not want to Connect to, WPA2-PSK WPA is not the same!

3 days passed before I realized my.

pumpkins vista!

no not you!

So I set too high for safety, it is not recognized.

hurray

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 4:22 PM
  • PERFECTION --- worked perfectly on my Windows 7 64 bit installation!
    Friday, July 06, 2012 12:14 AM
  • HEY EVERYONE,

Here is a possible solution for Belkin Wireless G Desktop Card v7000 using Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate.  Not sure if it will work for other versions of Win7 64bit, but its possible.  Do not get worried by all the steps, its not that difficult, its just explained in detail for non "tech savy" people.  Here are steps:

1.  Go to Belkin Website and download Windows VISTA 64bit drivers for F5D7000 v7000.  Filename will be F5D7000_v7032_0831.exe

2.  Do not run (ie:double click)  The executable file is no good to you because the Belkin software will say its the wrong version of Windows.  

3.  Download Free version6 of WINZIP or WINRAR if you do not already have it on your computer.  You will need this to "Extract" the files from the executable file you downloaded from Belkin.

4.  Once you download the "extracting" software.  Open the Belkin executable file in the extraction software and extract it to your desktop.  Once done, you should have a folder with the name F5D7000_v7032_0831.  Good so far?

The next part is similar to other fixes, but be sure to follow closely.

5.  Go under "Start" button (Windows Logo) on the Task Bar.   Right click on "Computer" and click "Properties".  This will bring up a new screen.

6.  Click on "Device Manager".    Your Network Adapter Card should have an exclaimation point next to it.  Right click and click on "update drivers".  This will bring up a new screen.

7.  Click on "Browse my computer for driver software", and then  Click on "Browse".

8.  Browse to the F5D7000_v7032_0831 folder on your desktop and look for the "VistaX64" folder.  Click on that and hit the OK button.  Windows does the rest.

That's it.  Hope it works for you.  I know a lot of these fixes are hit and miss because of all the different versions of the card, as I tried a lot of different things to get mine working.  Not sure whats taking Belkin so long to create the drivers for Windows 7...they already have them.

I encourage other users to try this method for other version of the card (ie: v5000, v6000 etc.) it may work.

NOTE:  I do caution against trying other manufactures drivers only because this may cause a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) as it did for me, and really freak you out.  Windows will then launch "Startup Repair".  If it does, allow it to do a restore point, and this will get you back and rockin.

Curious to see if this works for anyone else...let me know!

• Edited by Lonjames1 Sunday, August 26, 2012 8:39 PM Typos
    Sunday, August 26, 2012 8:34 PM
  • HEY nwest,

Here is a possible solution for Belkin Wireless G Desktop Card v7000 using Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate.  Not sure if it will work for other versions of Win7 64bit, but its possible.  Do not get worried by all the steps, its not that difficult, its just explained in detail for non "tech savy" people.  Here are steps:

1.  Go to Belkin Website and download Windows VISTA 64bit drivers for F5D7000 v7000.  Filename will be F5D7000_v7032_0831.exe

2.  Do not run (ie:double click)  The executable file is no good to you because the Belkin software will say its the wrong version of Windows.  

3.  Download Free version6 of WINZIP or WINRAR if you do not already have it on your computer.  You will need this to "Extract" the files from the executable file you downloaded from Belkin.

4.  Once you download the "extracting" software.  Open the Belkin executable file in the extraction software and extract it to your desktop.  Once done, you should have a folder with the name F5D7000_v7032_0831.  Good so far?

5.  Go under "Start" button (Windows Logo) on the Task Bar.   Right click on "Computer" and click "Properties".  This will bring up a new screen.

6.  Click on "Device Manager".    Your Network Adapter Card should have an exclaimation point next to it.  Right click and click on "update drivers".  This will bring up a new screen.

7.  Click on "Browse my computer for driver software", and then  Click on "Browse".

8.  Browse to the F5D7000_v7032_0831 folder on your desktop and look for the "VistaX64" folder.  Click on that and hit the OK button.  Windows does the rest.

That's it.  Hope it works for you.  I know a lot of these fixes are hit and miss because of all the different versions of the card, as I tried a lot of different things to get mine working.  Not sure whats taking Belkin so long to create the drivers for Windows 7...they already have them.

I encourage other users to try this method for other version of the card (ie: v5000, v6000 etc.) it may work.

NOTE:  I do caution against trying other manufactures drivers only because this may cause a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) as it did for me, and really freak you out.  Windows will then launch "Startup Repair".  If it does, allow it to do a restore point, and this will get you back and rockin.

Sunday, August 26, 2012 8:42 PM
  • EVERYBODY LISTEN TO ME PLEASE I HAVE AN ANSWER FOR ALL OF YOU!!!!!!:

Ok, for those of you running Windows 7 CARD VERSION 1010:

1) Go to the start button, push it
    2) RIGHT click computer
    3) LEFT click properties
    4) Now look to the plane on the left of the window that just popped up.
    5) LEFT click Device Manager
    6) Now click on the arrow next to the Network Adapters catagory (OR)
         look for the Network Card that had the yellow exclamatory sign next to it
    7) RIGHT click on it
    8) LEFT click Update Driver Software...
    9) Choose Browse my computer for driver software
    10)
    Choose Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
    11)
    Now look for the manufacturer (LEFT PANE) Atheros Communications Inc.
    12) NOT
    Atheros REPEAT NOT
    13)
    Click Broadcom.
    14)
    Now under network adapter (RIGHT PANE) look for the EXACT following:

Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter

15)
    Click it then push NEXT
    16)
    Click YES to the pop up
    17) After it's done click CLOSE
    18) BOOM!
    it's installed now click the network icon in the taskbar and enter your router's password
    19) YOUR DONE YAY!!!

longas

Sunday, September 02, 2012 4:33 PM
  • WORKS FOR ME 100%.

I am so excited to confirm this way will work for Belkin Wireless G Desktop F5D7000 card v.7000 au using Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate.Thanks a lot for sharing this while I could not think that i can use the new card (but very old version after coming back home i found - it was just $10 paid). All done now. I am very happy.

James

HEY nwest,

Thursday, November 08, 2012 12:47 PM
  • HEY EVERYONE,

Excelente!!!! Muchas Gracias!!!

Funciono en windows 7 ultimate 86x

Soluciono el error code 10

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 4:09 PM