none
Driver Installation Module Stopped working and was closed

Question

• Driver Installation Module Stopped working and was closed

Is there a fix to this?  Is it needed on the computer?
    Saturday, January 12, 2008 2:54 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for posting!

For further troubleshooting, please let me know the details of this problem, including:

1.   Version of your operating system.

2.   The information of your computer.

3.   Where did you get the driver file?

4.   The exact error message you received.

Please also update all the drivers for your computer, especially BIOS and motherboard, and then check the issue again. Thanks!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 10:06 AM
  • Hello,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

If the issue still persists and you want to return to this question, please reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 6:41 AM
  • I got this message too.

Computer: HP Pavillion DV9393ea http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01038136&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&os=2093&product=3380835&rule=45275&lang=en

The sound card is a Conexant High Definition Audio, and with today's Windows Update (13th February 2008) I also got Microsoft's "Conexant - Sound - Conexant High Definition Audio"

Download size: 927 KB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Optional

Conexant Sound software update released in February, 2008

More information:
    http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=20137420

Audio device became disabled and rollback wouldn't work.

So I uninstalled the device from device manager, and tried HP's latest driver (the one I've been using so far).

Unsuccessfully.

Then I tried the previous HP's drivers. Unsuccessfully always.

I'm getting the message:

"Driver Installation Module stopped working and was closed.

A problem caused the application to stop working correctly.

Windows will notify you if a solution is available."

Also I tried to manually install the soundcard's drivers.

At the Update Driver Software window I'm getting this message:

"Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device.

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

Conexant High Definition Audio.

The extended attributes are inconsistent.

If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and chech the support section for driver software."

Also I'm getting the 1st message again. 4 times each time I try to install the drivers.

After the unsuccessfull installation, Microsoft's Generic "High Definition Audio Device" driver is being installed successfully, instead of the "Conexant High Definition Audio", but a generic driver is no good for a 7ch audio device with optical output.

I'm guessing it 'could' have something to do with the mute button on the HP Quicklaunch buttons, which is supposed to light red or blue while on mute/sound? Well, it could count as an extended attribute maybe.

Please help me resolve this issue.

Dimitrios.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 2:49 PM
  • I've got the same problem too! It is really annoying! I have tried everything that you've said and it still has a problem! I guess it is due to an error caused by windows update!
    Well, guess what my friend once said was true: never update a soundcard with windows update!

NEED URGENT HELP!!! I AM DYING HERE WITHOUT ANY SOUND AND I URGENTLY NEED IT!!
    Thursday, February 14, 2008 2:38 AM
  • My workaround was system restore to the point before I installed february's windows updates.

Use with caution. If you created any new files after the windows update, and use system restore point, you'll lose that files. I ripped a tutorial dvd the other day to my hard drive, and after system restore it was gone.

Yet, even though there's a workaround, it's a problem that has to be fixed.

Thursday, February 14, 2008 8:46 AM
  • More info on the driver problem, taken from event viewer:

Successfully created restore point (Process = C:\Windows\system32\DrvInst.exe "4" "0" "C:\Users\Jimmy\{abc27a2b-2cd9-429d-8f17-9c08ad1e2393}\WISR30B7.INF" "0" "59855751b" "00000530" "WinSta0\Default" "000005A8" "208" "C:\SWSETUP\SP34463\V32"; Description = Device Driver Package Install: Conexant Sound, video and game controllers).

Would be blocked by access protection rule (rule is in warn-only mode) (Common Maximum ProtectionStick out tonguerevent creation of new executable files in the Windows folder).

Successfully created restore point...  Same as before

Would be blocked.... same as before, it does that a few times while I try to install the drivers just once.

Faulting application DrvInst.exe, version 6.0.6000.16609, time stamp 0x47575748, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549bdc9, exception code 0xc0000374, fault offset 0x000af1c9, process id 0x8b0, application start time 0x01c86e4a8c61c54d.

Fault bucket 15845337, type 5

Event Name: PnPDriverInstallError

Response: None

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: x86

P2: 000000FF

P3: wisr30b7.inf

P4: 68611f5fbc114599427111bcb93da6114c54668c

P5: HdAudModel

P6:

P7:

P8:

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

C:\Windows\Temp\DMIB9A1.tmp.log.xml

C:\Windows\inf\oem25.inf

Fault bucket 617598976, type 1

Event Name: APPCRASH

Problem signature:

P1: DrvInst.exe

P2: 6.0.6000.16609

P3: 47575748

P4: StackHash_66ff

P5: 6.0.6000.16386

P6: 4549bdc9

P7: c0000374

P8: 000af1c9

P9:

P10:

And again, it does the whole procedure 4 times and then drops a message: FAILURE.
    Thursday, February 14, 2008 9:14 AM
  • Struggling wit the same problem. Impossible to install my new printer HP P2015. Anyone knows of a fix? I tried microsoft technical support but didnt find anything there that works...

Thursday, February 14, 2008 3:52 PM
  • No.  I don't think the problem is actually resolved yet.  I downloaded the optional update today and lost my computer's sound.  I tried all the suggestions I found here and on other forums elsewhere but nothing worked, not even system restore and I tried it twice with different restore points.  My last ditch effort was to go the website of my laptop's manufacturer and get a listing of what should be on my computer then reinstalling the original driver for the audio system.  It worked and I once again have working sound. That would be my suggestion.

Saturday, February 16, 2008 7:42 PM
  • Lionel Chen, could you change the status of this thread to Not Answered? It's not resolved yet.

Sunday, February 17, 2008 2:58 PM
  •  topouzid wrote:

Lionel Chen, could you change the status of this thread to Not Answered? It's not resolved yet.

Agreed.  I've been fighting with this all weekend with my Creative Labs sound card and the only "workaround" has been to use System Restore to a point before applying windows update.  This is a finite solution since restore points are eventually discarded. A system rebuild is not a viable solution to a problem caused by Microsoft.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 8:39 AM
  • The recent download on "Windows Update" for "Conexant High Defintion Audio" resulted in a non-functional soundcard in my HP 9207 Laptop.  I tried deleting certain files in the Windows/SoftwareDownload folder, per MS error message; did not help, "driver rollback" greyed out. Thanks to a forum on the "notebookreview" site, was able to manually install the old 4.15 driver still on my machine.  Only a cursory check (played CD), but sound seems OK now. 

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 7:52 PM
  •  

After reading those problems on HP laptops, I'm sceptical about installing Vista SP1 on my HP.
    Tuesday, February 19, 2008 8:38 PM
  • I have a HP Pavilion dv9205us.

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
    Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
    System Model HP Pavilion dv9000 (RP115UA#ABA)
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-50, 1600 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.3D, 11/22/2007

After installing the Microsoft's "Conexant - Sound - Conexant High Definition Audio update for February 2008 my system completely loses and does not recognize its sound card??

The only fix is to go back into system restore. Not going back to a restore point but with the factory driver installation for the sound card is the only fix, but the update never goes away.

Bring up HP's recovery Manager, Click on Help and there should be a link to it.

Depending on your system... (C:\Windows\SMINST\Restore7.exe)

Click the 'Advanced Options' button

Select the Hardware driver re-installation and click 'Next'

Get to the Welcome to Hardware driver re-installer and click 'Next'

Select the Conexant High Definition Audio driver and click 'Next'

After sytem reboot sound and card should once again be present.

Just don't run the update until MS and Conexant fix the update...

Thursday, February 21, 2008 4:53 AM
  • Oh ***! It doesn't affect soundcard drivers only.

I can't update my nvidia drivers now. I'm getting the same message...

Driver Installation Module Stopped working and was closed (the installation is silent and I can only see the message on event viewer).

Fault bucket 172862763, type 5

Event Name: PnPDriverInstallError

Problem signature:

P1: x86

P2: 000005B4

P3: nvqh.inf

P4: ebdd8364e26753020066fa0396abf8b39d89a354

P5: nv_G7x

P6:

P7:

P8:

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

Come on Microsoft!!! Sad

Saturday, February 23, 2008 7:11 PM
  • As a side note as well. With HP Machines. I was able to rid myself of MS's need to want to update that driver by using HP's update.

I still get a repetitive request by MS to update my VGA, like it does not take or something. But I just ignore it now. I went to HP updated everything hardware wise and have not had anyother issues.

Saturday, February 23, 2008 10:53 PM
  • Did that, got no error message, thought that everything updated ok. But then I checked driver versions on system device control panel. And found out that it actually didn't install anything. That's why you still get the request by MS. You probably thought you updated but most probably the system prevented all updated to be installed.

Saturday, February 23, 2008 10:58 PM
  •  

oh this is so stupid same thing happened to me.... cant install anything everything freezes up, i knew it had something to do with the vidio or audio drivers that were downloaded on like feb 22 .I'm never updating anything again.
    Wednesday, February 27, 2008 9:51 AM
  •  

i have something very similar happening with my HP NC6000, unfortunately of my own making since, - in a blind bit of ' i know what am doing ,- i managed to un-instal the Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator from Device Manager.Any ideas on how to re-instate it in XP anyone ? Am of the understanding SP2 will fix it but dont have Admin rights and darent take it into IT cos they'll know i been messing Embarrassed lol
    Thursday, February 28, 2008 4:31 PM
  • Driver Installation Module Stopped working and was closed.

I have tried to install software on my Vista laptop.  I get this message regardless of what I have tried to install. 

HP Pavilion dv6000

Windows Vista Home Premium

Intel T2060 @ 1.60 GHz

RAM: 1014 MB

I was installing an HP Laser P2015 on the last time.

How do I fix this?

Sunday, March 02, 2008 3:27 AM

• I am having the same issue on my HP Pavillion DV2633TX

Has anyone got a fix for this yet?

Cheers Al
    Wednesday, March 05, 2008 2:35 AM
  • Come on Microsoft!!!! Anyone there?
    It's been a month I can't print from my laptop.
    Wednesday, March 05, 2008 4:49 PM
  • I am suffering from the same problem - Vista x86 Ultimate SP1 - clean install

Nvidia drivers from the Toshiba website fail with the exact same message
    Sunday, March 16, 2008 4:39 PM
  • "Driver Installation Module Stopped working and was closed" for Conexant HD Audio.

Conexant isn't fixing the problem (or can't fix the problem).

Conexant HD Audio is one of the devices that stop Vista SP1 from being installed: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=948343

Conexant HD Audio Driver from Windows Update doesn't work.

I can't install Vista SP1 because of the driver, which I can't update anyway because of the message, so I wan't be able to install a new driver for conexant HD audio, thus I can't be able to install Vista SP1 ever.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

(Maybe I should clean install a copy of Vista with SP1 slipstreamed. Oh, I forgot, I have a laptop. If I do this, none of the laptop's extras will work. No camera, no touchkeys, no remote control)

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 11:17 AM
  •  

Driver Installation Module Stopped working and was closed

Fujitsu-siemens amilo PA1510 laptop

Vista Home Premium

Attempting to connect anything new (Nokia N95, Sony Ericsson k850 to name but a few) causes 4 or 5 "Driver Installation Module Stopped working and was closed" followed by a failure to install the device.

Whatsmore - attempting a system restore failed and the restore point was deleted!

Totally stuck. Anyone got any answers?

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 10:45 PM
  • Had the same problem with Conexant HD Audio in Compaq Presario after upgrading to Vista SP1. Downloaded drivers from Compaq support center and it works now. Windows update still wants me to install the "official" drivers...but I like my audio working thank you very much Stick out tongue

Saturday, March 29, 2008 9:35 PM
  •  

It's been 3 months since the problem appeared here, and still no fix.

Inability to install new hardware = inability to get Vista SP1 compatible drivers = inability to install SP1.

Saturday, April 12, 2008 9:12 AM
  •  

I am getting the same message when trying to install some CRM software on a clean install Vista SP1 machine. As it is a clean install I have no restore point to go back to. It appears to be an issue with saving registry entries. Details of the message I am getting are below:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: IDriver.exe

Application Version: 8.1.0.293

Application Timestamp: 3e667b48

Fault Module Name: GrooveUtil.DLL

Fault Module Version: 12.0.6211.1000

Fault Module Timestamp: 46ce7808

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000352db

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.6

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: e23e

Additional Information 2: b86c12a1b208901d4439ae2d7fabff59

Additional Information 3: 3162

Additional Information 4: 3e5857db63752a2b0ad068a728025bca

Read our privacy statement:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 7:14 AM
  • I also need help with this problem.

Vista Business - SP 1

I get the "InstallerDriver Module has stopped working" while I am installation Palm Desktop 6.22.  This is preventing the USB drivers from being installed and I cannot sync my Treo.

I have reinstalled all associated files multiple times with no success.

Any ideas.

Monday, May 12, 2008 9:23 PM
  • Having the same issue on a clean new install of Ultimate SP1.  Whenever anyhartdwrae driver is installed or updated; I recive this error.  The machine is then incapable of booting until I go to an old restore point.  Successive drive wipes and reinstalls produce the same result.  Trying to find a non sp1 media version to test with.

Sunday, May 25, 2008 12:39 AM
  •  topouzid wrote:

I got this message too.

Computer: HP Pavillion DV9393ea http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01038136&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&os=2093&product=3380835&rule=45275&lang=en

The sound card is a Conexant High Definition Audio, and with today's Windows Update (13th February 2008) I also got Microsoft's "Conexant - Sound - Conexant High Definition Audio"

Download size: 927 KB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Optional

Conexant Sound software update released in February, 2008

More information:
    http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=20137420

Audio device became disabled and rollback wouldn't work.

So I uninstalled the device from device manager, and tried HP's latest driver (the one I've been using so far).

Unsuccessfully.

Then I tried the previous HP's drivers. Unsuccessfully always.

I'm getting the message:

"Driver Installation Module stopped working and was closed.

A problem caused the application to stop working correctly.

Windows will notify you if a solution is available."

Also I tried to manually install the soundcard's drivers.

At the Update Driver Software window I'm getting this message:

"Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device.

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

Conexant High Definition Audio.

The extended attributes are inconsistent.

If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and chech the support section for driver software."

Also I'm getting the 1st message again. 4 times each time I try to install the drivers.

After the unsuccessfull installation, Microsoft's Generic "High Definition Audio Device" driver is being installed successfully, instead of the "Conexant High Definition Audio", but a generic driver is no good for a 7ch audio device with optical output.

I'm guessing it 'could' have something to do with the mute button on the HP Quicklaunch buttons, which is supposed to light red or blue while on mute/sound? Well, it could count as an extended attribute maybe.

Please help me resolve this issue.

Dimitrios.

The same thing is happening on my Lenovo ThinkPad R61i. I'm getting the following errors:
    1. "Onscreen message handler has stopped working."
    2. "No audio output device is installed."
    3. "The driver installation module has stopped working."
    4. And the couple of times it looked like it was installing, I got to the end and got "the extended attributes are inconsistent."

I've tried to install the driver from the Lenovo site, but since "the driver installation module has stopped working" I can't.
    In case this info helps, It seems the problem started after an early June (08) update (though I hadn't updated in awhile, so I could've just been late with an old one). And I haven't installed/uninstalled anything that seems like it could have affected this.

Is it possible the two issues are related (the failure of the driver itself and the driver installation problem)? Or do I just have bad luck?
    Sunday, June 15, 2008 9:20 PM
  • I had the same issue.

The new driver is in c:\swtools\drivers\audioc\[V32/V64 depending on your system]

it is called uiu32a

just copied it to C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\CNXT_HDAUDIO

Bingo!!

good luck....sounds unbelievable this has been going on for so long.

a+

gusteau.

• Proposed as answer by LizGabay Friday, September 24, 2010 10:35 PM
    Saturday, June 21, 2008 7:31 PM
  • After reading all of these comments and trying everything possible for the last few days to no avail, I ended up restoring to Factory contents on a Client's HP Pavilion dv2550se.

I updated all of Windows Updates except for the Conexant Audio, and saved that update for last.  After updating the audio and rebooting, it still worked and I was then able to update to Vista SP1.

Not the best solution, but it is working now.

Thanks to all of the previous advice and comments.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008 7:17 PM
  • I'm glad it worked for you, I had a similar problem with a client and nearly did the same thing you did, but hey, it works, so what do you do.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 3:39 PM
  • Firstly I couldn't install or update any driver at all.

I couldn't install SP1 because of incompatible drivers.

Then HP released some new Conexant drivers and I installed them, no error message: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-60782-1&lc=cy&cc=gr&lang=el&os=2093&product=3380835&dlc=el

After that, I installed Vista SP1 successfully.

Finally, after installing SP1, I could install any other drivers I previously couldn't, such as NVidia drivers.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 3:54 PM
  • hi, i got the same problems, but not only with drivers. i reinstalled vista on 1st july and since then, the windows installer crashed sometime, if i choose a custom install location. but not all programms let the windows installer crash. i have updatet to the installer 4.5 but its the same problem ...

today i tried to install the new via hyperion drivers ... idriver module has stopped working -_-

Problemsignatur
    Problemereignisame:    APPCRASH
    Anwendungsname:    IDriver.exe
    Anwendungsversion:    7.4.0.377
    Anwendungszeitstempel:    3d06348f
    Fehlermodulname:    StackHash_e52f
    Fehlermodulversion:    0.0.0.0
    Fehlermodulzeitstempel:    00000000
    Ausnahmecode:    c0000005
    Ausnahmeoffset:    20202020
    Betriebsystemversion:    6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
    Gebietsschema-ID:    3079
    Zusatzinformation 1:    e52f
    Zusatzinformation 2:    e98dfca8bcf81bc1740adb135579ad53
    Zusatzinformation 3:    860f
    Zusatzinformation 4:    6eabdd9e0dc94904be3b39a1c0583635

Weitere Informationen über das Problem
    Bucket-ID:    647493588

with one programm/driver the windows installer works correctly, with others it crashes everytime. the protected mode also let the windows installer crash.

hope my english is not to bad. greetings from austria/vienna
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 11:23 AM
  • Lionel,

I'm having the same problem installing the driver for my new HP LaserJet P2015d. Can you help?

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 5:59 PM
  • Were you able to resolve the problem? I'm having same with the same printer.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 6:05 PM
  • Same problem. Started with ATI Catalyst 8.8 driver install problem. Then tried to install new iTunes version. It installed, but when I tried to run the program, it tries to reinstall over and over. Even tried to install the Windows Install Clean Up Utility. Same problem as Catalyst error. Looked everywhere online and no solution.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 10:54 PM
  • hi, i figured out that the "driver module has stopped working" error appears, if office groove is installed. i had the office trial installed and with office groove installed i geht those errors. without groove, theres no error if i choose a custom path in windows installer, with groove the windows installer crashed if i choose a custom path ...

i hope my english is good to read.

greetings from austria
    Thursday, October 02, 2008 1:16 PM
  • Your DV6000 has the potential of a bad motherboard, watch it. I have the same machine and the MB was replaced under warranty as the base warranty was extended another year by HP. I am also having this install problem with a CRM where the Idriver stalls.
    Monday, December 01, 2008 5:14 PM
  • I have also repeatedly had this problem with the HP Laser Jet 2015d, on Vista SP1. The printer gets recognized as a new USB addition, I've installed all kinds of HP drivers for this (their install is terrible) and the printer does print with the HP PCL6 drivers. But every time I boot the system, Vista thinks it's found the printer anew again and asks for drivers since it seems it can't find it alone. Additionally, with the driver window, I also get a "driver installation module stopped working window" every time. Any help on the issue?
    Friday, January 02, 2009 7:13 PM
  • This is not a "Vista" issue.  I'm running Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3 on an HP EliteBook 8730w.  I had a Microsoft Windows update that now causes my system to lock up when I attempt to mute or un-mute my sound using either the touch panel or software to click on the mute check box.  I worked two days with HP who wanted me to remove my touch panel and reconnect.  I explained that I experienced the same issue when attempting to mute/un-mute when using the Windows software so I did not believe it to be a hardware issue.

I don’t know which drive caused the issue or how to back it out.  Any suggestions?

Monday, February 16, 2009 2:28 PM
  • I think that this problem is far from solved.  I have crawled the internet and no fix anywhere.  This problem is any driver.  I just installed a fresh copy of Vista Business x32 and right off the bat I was having this problem...Maybe because by default it get its updates.  I don't know really.  I did find a temporary fix to the USB drive problem.  I booted into safe mode and updated my driver in the device manager console.  This seemed to work for me but I am still not able to get any other drivers to install in normal windows operation.  I have not installed anything on my system except for the Operating system.  I have also turned on all the services I need.  Another problem that seems to have popped up at the same time is that my MMC module stops working when I try to set properties for the FTP or HTTP sites.  I have done so much research my head is spinning especially when my OS tells me that Micorsoft will let me know when there is a fix to somthing that has just stopped working because of some "Problem".  I am getting these problems from vista right out of the box so what gives?  My PC just seems so buggy with the fresh partition/Format and copy of Vista Buisness.  I have a realativly new PC so it is not a problem with my hardware.  Before all these problems it was working fine.  Then all of a sudden problems with my old copy and problems with my new copy.  When I install a new copy and not install anything at all I shouldn't get a page of errors in my event viewer.  Maybe I should go back to XP.  I have had vista ever since it came out and have had no problems until just recently but when the problems came they came in force.  Please help me resolve these issues because I am willing to bet that all my problems revolve around the same tech issue.
    I did start a program called mini xp and these problems don't seem to be an issue with this system.  I plugged in my flash and xp recognized it right away and mounted it with no problem.
    We all just need to get a grip on this situaton and find a fix so that we can all get back to normal usage instead of twisting our necks with formum threads that really don't say anything but everybody seems to have a fix for their own little problem but this one is a big one and apperently I am not the only one having it.

Running Silly,
    Milirat
    • Proposed as answer by Milirat Monday, May 25, 2009 3:21 PM
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 4:39 AM
  • I have done everything I can to get this problem fixed, no fix, I have finally just switched to Windows 7RC and have had no problems with my pc since.  Thank you for all your help.
    • Proposed as answer by eedeeo Tuesday, September 07, 2010 3:32 AM
    Monday, May 25, 2009 3:22 PM
  •  I don't have any advice about the audio card, but

I don't have any advice about the audio card, but I had the same problem with my HP Pavilion and the LaserJet P2015. I downloaded the drivers for PCL 5 and PCL 6 and they did not work. However, the Universal print driver for Windows Postscript DID work. Here's the link: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc
    =us&prodNameId=1845561&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=1845551&swLang=8
    &taskId=135&swEnvOID=2093

You have to install the driver and reboot the Pavilion. You get the message popping up one last time - it says it has to install the driver, but for me, this time it worked. Good luck, all!

• Proposed as answer by eedeeo Tuesday, September 07, 2010 3:35 AM
    Tuesday, September 07, 2010 3:35 AM