none
Windows to go often crashes with error 0x00000001

Question

• I have an Samsung 500GB external HDD. I have installed Windows To Go for 4 times. Each time, the system run fast and smoothly, but after using for a short time, it crashed with BSOD and error 0x00000001. The partition containing system files becomes RAW and I lost my data. Can anyone give me an advice to solve this problem? 
    Wednesday, December 05, 2012 5:53 PM

Answers

• I can only suggest you to use any other memory stick which is certified by Microsoft.Not withstanding, you can check if any Samsung software built in the HDD is stopping you from creating a Windows to Go USB drive. When you said partition which partition you are referring to? Is it the System partition or the Samsung partition(External HDD)?
    Friday, December 07, 2012 5:47 AM
  • Hi,

About BSOD 0x01, you can refer this article:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff557419(v=vs.85).aspx

Furthermore, you can upload dump file to analyze:

1. Click “Start”, type “%SystemRoot%\Minidump" (without quotation marks) in “Search” bar and press “Enter”.

2. Go to your Desktop, right-click on it and create a new folder named "Dump".

3. Copy all the memory dump files (looks like [Mini092008-01.dmp]) in Minidump to this folder.

4. Right-click on the Dump folder, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder".

5. Upload to SkyDrive.

Leo Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, December 07, 2012 6:50 AM

All replies

• I can only suggest you to use any other memory stick which is certified by Microsoft.Not withstanding, you can check if any Samsung software built in the HDD is stopping you from creating a Windows to Go USB drive. When you said partition which partition you are referring to? Is it the System partition or the Samsung partition(External HDD)?
    Friday, December 07, 2012 5:47 AM
  • Hi,

About BSOD 0x01, you can refer this article:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff557419(v=vs.85).aspx

Furthermore, you can upload dump file to analyze:

1. Click “Start”, type “%SystemRoot%\Minidump" (without quotation marks) in “Search” bar and press “Enter”.

2. Go to your Desktop, right-click on it and create a new folder named "Dump".

3. Copy all the memory dump files (looks like [Mini092008-01.dmp]) in Minidump to this folder.

4. Right-click on the Dump folder, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder".

5. Upload to SkyDrive.

Leo Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, December 07, 2012 6:50 AM