none
Monitor stuck in sleep mode after wake up from sleep.

Question

• After coming out of sleep mode the secondary monitor attached to my laptop does not wake up.

I cannot turn off the monitor, the power LED stays yellow.

The only way to fix this is to unplug the monitor for a couple of seconds and then plug it back in.

I'm using Windows 7 32 Build 7100.
    The laptop I'm using is a latitude D820.
    The monitor is Dell E178FP.
    The display driver and adapter are Moible Intel 945 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - Prerelease WDDM 1.0) Version 8.15.10.1749
    Friday, August 14, 2009 2:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Hank

There are several well documented bugs in the Windows 7 RC build (7100).  The bug appears when a hardware/software component fails to re-initialize when the system resumes from Sleep or Hibernation or will not enter the suspend state.

These bugs have been seen on specific systems that have combinations of certain hardware/software installed.

The only way we have to deal with these issues in the RC build is to try and avoid using the Sleep/Hibernate functions as much as possible. If you experience this bug and still need to use the Sleep or Hibernate functions be aware that you could possibly lose any unsaved information in applications.

See the following link for a list of other threads on this topic and some fixes/workarounds that have been posted.

Sleep/Hibernate Issues - Microsoft TechNet Forums Search

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 7:54 AM