none
Windows 7 Install hangs on "Setup is Starting".

Question

• I'm trying to install windows, i can't find where to reset my cmos on my motherboard but I don't think thats the problem. I tried useing default settings on bios that didn't work, i kept it on achi, and i'm installing it from a thumb drive. It worked a week ago I used the very same flash drive. What happend to my computer I dont know I left the house for 20 minutes and came back it wouldn't start up. I have a Gigabyte X38-DS4 motherboard maybe you could find some options i should try in the BIOS to get past it. I see it's alot of stupid errors, but I just installed net frameworks i think onto it, it mustve crashed while i was away literly. I tried BCD rebuild but it just hanged as soon as it says "Looking for windows installations" , i can't diskpart unless the repair setup commandprompt comes up and when I click repair windows it just hangs with no screen. I've got no idea how to update my bios or flash my cmos, i'm going to check that now and see if that maybe helps it. My computer has been having toubles for a while trying to reformat it and it breaking down with errors, I was getting blue screens for a while. I think it might just be the harddrive is old, but windows should still be able to install all the hardware is working.
    Saturday, August 18, 2012 5:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on the current situation, I’m afraid that the only thing we can try is using another installation media to perform a Clean Installation and see how it works.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 20, 2012 7:03 AM