none
Mass Storage Controller Driver For Toshiba Satellite Laptop A215-S4697

Question

• I installed Windows 7 Beta without any real issues.  When I checked the device manager to make sure all the drivers were installed everything was OK except for the Mass Storage Controller.  When I checked the properties for the Mass Storage Controller it showed no drivers installed.  I tried pushing Update Driver Button on the Driver Tab page but it was unable to find a driver through Windows Update.

Has anybody else encountered this issue?  If so, Were you able to fix it?

Rick Barnett
    Saturday, February 07, 2009 11:09 PM

Answers

• I found the answer to my own question.

I used the Toshiba Restore/Driver disks that came with my laptop.  I loaded the drivers for the SD Card reader and the TI card reader that were on Disk 1 of the recovery disk set.

After loading the drivers and restarting my computer I checked the Device Manager. The yellow exclamation mark for the Mass Controller Device was gone and the Mass Contoller was working properly.

Hope this helps other with the same issue.

Rick Barnett
    Saturday, February 07, 2009 11:44 PM

All replies

• I found the answer to my own question.

I used the Toshiba Restore/Driver disks that came with my laptop.  I loaded the drivers for the SD Card reader and the TI card reader that were on Disk 1 of the recovery disk set.

After loading the drivers and restarting my computer I checked the Device Manager. The yellow exclamation mark for the Mass Controller Device was gone and the Mass Contoller was working properly.

Hope this helps other with the same issue.

Rick Barnett
    Saturday, February 07, 2009 11:44 PM
  • Hello,

I'd suggest using the previous driver in Compatibility mode. Remove that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

If the problem still persists, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system (only the beta version) and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; some old driver is not compatible with new OS. I suggest that you should wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

Good Luck!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 9:59 AM