none
Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem

Question

• Every time I start my computer an error message appears: "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close." and computer stops working clicking the "Send Error Report", even I can not shut down the computer. this is the detail of error message:

szAppName : svchost.exe     szAppVer : 5.1.2600.3264     szModName : msvcrt.dll
    szModVer : 7.0.2600.3264     offset : 00036803

The instruction at "0x77c46803" referenced memory at "0x00000000". the memory could not be

"read".

With all efforts I could not find any solution for this problem. Please help me.

Thanks
    Thursday, November 06, 2008 7:38 PM

Answers

• No one answered me, there was no malware in my system, and I finally solved the problem:

I uninstalled SP3 and disabled windows update; everything is OK now!

Friday, November 21, 2008 9:05 AM

All replies

•  Dr. Peyman wrote:

Every time I start my computer an error message appears: "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close." and computer stops working clicking the "Send Error Report", even I can not shut down the computer. this is the detail of error message:

szAppName : svchost.exe     szAppVer : 5.1.2600.3264     szModName : msvcrt.dll
    szModVer : 7.0.2600.3264     offset : 00036803

The instruction at "0x77c46803" referenced memory at "0x00000000". the memory could not be

"read".

With all efforts I could not find any solution for this problem. Please help me.

Thanks

See and follow:

http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/Post_4820.aspx
    "Checking for/Help with Spyware, Malware and Hijackware".

[If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Friday, November 07, 2008 5:51 AM
  • The problem still exists; it seems to be a conflict of windows XP with SP3

Friday, November 07, 2008 7:53 AM
  • No one answered me, there was no malware in my system, and I finally solved the problem:

I uninstalled SP3 and disabled windows update; everything is OK now!

Friday, November 21, 2008 9:05 AM
  • same as you ..... only solutions at microsoft support website for SP1 and SP2 when i tried to use them this messege had appeared

"setup has detected that the service pack version of this system is newer than the update you are applying there is no need to install this update"

Friday, November 28, 2008 4:59 PM
  • yes answer is

pl. uninstall the SP3 from add/remove programes then it go process and sytem come back to SP2 then issue will not come.

at this point of time do not update the Auto update.

it working for me on my lap top.

Saturday, December 06, 2008 10:53 AM
  • Check the link below, You have your answer

http://www.troublefixers.com/fixed-generic-host-process-for-win32-services-encountered-a-problem-and-needs-to-close-svchostexe-error/
    Sunday, January 31, 2010 7:09 PM
  • I suffered this problem, and after going round the houses with it, fixed it by booting into the recovery console and using CHKDSK to fix disk errors.  The volume was not marked "dirty" so had to use the option to force a detailed check, and ran it again with the "fix" option.
    • Proposed as answer by JasonDiplomat2 Friday, February 26, 2010 2:15 AM
    Friday, February 26, 2010 2:15 AM
  • 1. Copy the following code [only the bold codes].

@ECHO off

Echo Coded by http://hubpages.com/profile/rancidTaste

reg  add  HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\netbt\parameters  /v  TransportBindName  /t REG_SZ  /d  ""  /f

reg  add  HKLM\Software\Microsoft\OLE  /v  EnableDCOM  /t  REG_SZ  /d  "N"  /f

Echo Coded by http://hubpages.com/profile/rancidTaste

Echo Generic Host Error Problem Is Fixed, Press any key to continue

pause

2. Open a notepad and paste the above copied content to the notepad.

3. Save the file as GenericHostErrorProblem.bat and close it.

4. Double-click on GenericHostErrorProblem.bat and run it.

5. After fixing or removing the errors, it will ask you to press any key to finish.

6. Press any key and that's all to fix the problem Generic Host Process For Win32 Services Encountered A Problem and needs to close.

Monday, March 01, 2010 10:25 AM
  • I tried Libra's resolution... it didn't work at all... any other suggestions?

I have XP Media Center 2002 Edition w/ Service pack 3

Sunday, February 13, 2011 3:00 PM