none
BGINFO.EXE

Question

• SOLVED!

I foolishly installed BGINFO.EXE from System Internals. I would like to get rid of it, but the only info provided is this:

To uninstall, delete BGINFO.EXE and reset your system's wallpaper using Windows' Desktop Properties dialog.

I am using Win7 Pro (x64) and "Windows' Desktop Properties" is no longer available. I would like to get rid of it, but how?

Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:44 AM

Answers

• You can do is to delete the BGINFO.exe and if you cant change you wallpaper, try to right click on a picture and click on "set as background". 
    ITBM
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 12:32 PM
  • Just delete the file, then set your wallpaper however you normally would: right-clicking your desktop and choosing Personalize.

Shawn Keene
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, April 05, 2011 5:35 AM
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:03 PM

All replies

• You can do is to delete the BGINFO.exe and if you cant change you wallpaper, try to right click on a picture and click on "set as background". 
    ITBM
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 12:32 PM
  • Just delete the file, then set your wallpaper however you normally would: right-clicking your desktop and choosing Personalize.

Shawn Keene
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, April 05, 2011 5:35 AM
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:03 PM
  • No Need to Uninstall anything, Just Open an Image of your Choice, Right Click on it and click " Set as Background". The info will be removed. After doing that Please Delete the bginfo.exe file....

you are free :)

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 9:02 AM
  • I have Windows 7 Pro and I foolishly installed this utility and I want to uninstall it but the damm BGINFO. EXE file is nowhere, I checked Start up, msconfig and Programs & Features and did a search, no success on knowing where is he hiding.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:55 PM
  • I have Windows 7 Pro and I foolishly installed this utility and I want to uninstall it but the damm BGINFO. EXE file is nowhere, I checked Start up, msconfig and Programs & Features and did a search, no success on knowing where is he hiding.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Do you have the option on to see Hidden files and folders?  If BGINFO has the Hidden attribute on, that may be why you can't see it.  In Win 7, run Windows Explorer and then select Tools->Folder Options.  Then from the View tab make sure "Show Hidden files, folders and drives" is selected.  Then try looking for BGINFO again.
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:23 PM