Question

• Hello everybody, i got a new computer, specifications are as follows
    INTEL Q8400 QuadCore Processor
    INTEL DG45SC Motherboard
    2GB DDR3 RAM
    500 GB HDD
    ASUS NVIDIA 8400 512MB Graphics card

I have installed Windows 7 64 bit OS.
    Problem is with my sound section. It works fine with the inbuilt High Definition Audio driver.
    But when i install IDT High Definition Audio Codec that is bundled with the motherboard cd, the audio gets clipped off when i tune the slider more than 50%.
    As its a brand new pc, i am worried whether its a motherboard problem or the driver.
    Kindly help me.
    Send your solutions to my mail id please.
    dileeprulz@gmail.com
    Monday, October 19, 2009 10:06 AM

Answers

• Hello customer,

First you might go to Device Manager, right click your hardware device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software.

Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver via Run as administrator. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait or push the device manufacturer to upgrade its driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Tuesday, November 03, 2009 11:58 AM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 9:58 AM

All replies

• Hello everybody, i got a new computer, specifications are as follows
    INTEL Q8400 QuadCore Processor
    INTEL DG45SC Motherboard
    2GB DDR3 RAM
    500 GB HDD
    ASUS NVIDIA 8400 512MB Graphics card

I have installed Windows 7 64 bit OS.
    Problem is with my sound section. It works fine with the inbuilt High Definition Audio driver.
    But when i install IDT High Definition Audio Codec that is bundled with the motherboard cd, the audio gets clipped off when i tune the slider more than 50%.
    As its a brand new pc, i am worried whether its a motherboard problem or the driver.
    Kindly help me.
    Send your solutions to my mail id please.
    dileeprulz@gmail.com

First you need to verify your motherboard model.  A search for "DG45SC" returns nothing.  However, Intel does have a "DG45SG" motherboard.

Next you need to go to the Intel website and download the IDT Audio Windows 7 x64 driver.
    Monday, October 19, 2009 12:21 PM
  • Hello customer,

First you might go to Device Manager, right click your hardware device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software.

Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver via Run as administrator. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait or push the device manufacturer to upgrade its driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Tuesday, November 03, 2009 11:58 AM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 9:58 AM
  • Hey Dude,

Seems like you and I have the same problem... But for me even the inbuilt High Definition Audio driver does not solve the problem.

I have an Alienware m15x with:

Intel Core i7 920XM

Intel PM55 Motherboard

6 GB DDR3 RAM

nVidia GTX 260M

500 GB Seagate Hardrive

Windows 7 x64 OS

Pls help...

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 2:58 PM
  • Hey Dude,

Seems like you and I have the same problem... But for me even the inbuilt High Definition Audio driver does not solve the problem.

Intel Core i7 920XM

Intel PM55 Motherboard

6 GB DDR3 RAM

nVidia GTX 260M

500 GB Seagate Hardrive

Windows 7 x64 OS

Pls help...

First:  It is EXTREMELY RUDE to hijack someone else's thread.  When you have a problem you need to start your own thread.  This is INTERNET COURTESY!

Second:  You need to go to the Dell Support website for your drivers and system utilities.  Dell is solely responsible for Windows support on their OEM systems.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=W764&catid=-1&dateid=-1&impid=-1&osl=EN&typeid=-1&formatid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=ALW_LP_M15X&hidos=WV64&hidlang=en&TabIndex=&scanSupported=False&scanConsent=False

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 5:44 PM
  • Hey Dude,

Intel Core i7 920XM

Intel PM55 Motherboard

6 GB DDR3 RAM

nVidia GTX 260M

500 GB Seagate Hardrive

Windows 7 x64 OS

Pls help...

First:  It is EXTREMELY RUDE to hijack someone else's thread.  When you have a problem you need to start your own thread.  This is INTERNET COURTESY!

Second:  You need to go to the Dell Support website for your drivers and system utilities.  Dell is solely responsible for Windows support on their OEM systems.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=W764&catid=-1&dateid=-1&impid=-1&osl=EN&typeid=-1&formatid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=ALW_LP_M15X&hidos=WV64&hidlang=en&TabIndex=&scanSupported=False&scanConsent=False

Oh right sorry, I thought I was adding another voice to the cause, lol. And you were right, Dell sorted out this issue for me.
    Tuesday, September 06, 2011 8:10 PM