none
Allow Wake Timers

Question

• Can anyone explain, in layman's terms, what function "Allow Wake Timers" provides? I had to disable that because my computer kept waking up after I put it to sleep.

Thanks

Mark
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 11:47 AM

Answers

• It's the ability for your PC to be brought out of sleep at a specific time.  Say for example you wanted to backup your system at 1am every day but didn't want to leave your machine on all night - the wake timer would wake your PC up ready for the scheduled backup to take place.  The power management options you have set may then allow it to go back to sleep until you're ready to use the PC again.
    • Marked as answer by markcynt Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:44 PM
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 2:20 PM

All replies

• It's the ability for your PC to be brought out of sleep at a specific time.  Say for example you wanted to backup your system at 1am every day but didn't want to leave your machine on all night - the wake timer would wake your PC up ready for the scheduled backup to take place.  The power management options you have set may then allow it to go back to sleep until you're ready to use the PC again.
    • Marked as answer by markcynt Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:44 PM
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 2:20 PM
  • Thanks. I'll have to see if I can find a way to utilize that feature.

Mark
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:45 PM
  • I experienced exactly this after installing the SteelSeries Ikari Laser mouse.

Very annoying. But I *think* disabling wake timers has fixed it. I also disabled USB Suspend Setting for good measure.
    Saturday, January 07, 2012 11:45 PM