none
[Win7RC] Triggering Next Desktop Background Does Not Extend Viewing Timer

Question

• I'm not sure if this was fixed or planned to be fixed in the RTM release but I noticed that if I advanced to the next desktop background (even multiple times) and eventually land on one I want to look at for my entire duration (rotation set at 10 minutes), even if there was a few seconds left from the last image, it will suddenly advance to the next image.

Is there a way to force a refresh of the background change timer when I advance to the next image manually?

Thanks.
    Tuesday, September 01, 2009 4:36 AM

Answers

• Hi GravitySpec,

I have tested the issue on my Windows 7 RTM version. For your reference, I have included the test results below:

Test 1: Set the timer to 10 seconds

========

1.     I set the time for "Change picture every" as 10 seconds.

2.     When the first picture displayed, I counted to the 7th second and then clicked "Next desktop background".

3.     The next desktop picture lasted for 10 seconds.

Test 2: Set the timer to 30 seconds

========

1.     I set the timer to 30 seconds.

2.     When the first picture displayed, I counted to the 15th second and then clicked "Next desktop background".

3.     The next desktop picture lasted for 15 seconds and then advanced to the next picture.

Based on the tests, it seems this feature is by design. I will forward your feedback to the appropriate department through our internal channel. Both the Microsoft Product Team and Development Team take into consideration all suggestions and feedback for future releases.

Thanks,

Linda

• Marked as answer by GravitySpec Friday, September 04, 2009 11:50 PM
    Wednesday, September 02, 2009 7:23 AM

All replies

• Hi GravitySpec,

I have tested the issue on my Windows 7 RTM version. For your reference, I have included the test results below:

Test 1: Set the timer to 10 seconds

========

1.     I set the time for "Change picture every" as 10 seconds.

2.     When the first picture displayed, I counted to the 7th second and then clicked "Next desktop background".

3.     The next desktop picture lasted for 10 seconds.

Test 2: Set the timer to 30 seconds

========

1.     I set the timer to 30 seconds.

2.     When the first picture displayed, I counted to the 15th second and then clicked "Next desktop background".

3.     The next desktop picture lasted for 15 seconds and then advanced to the next picture.

Based on the tests, it seems this feature is by design. I will forward your feedback to the appropriate department through our internal channel. Both the Microsoft Product Team and Development Team take into consideration all suggestions and feedback for future releases.

Thanks,

Linda

• Marked as answer by GravitySpec Friday, September 04, 2009 11:50 PM
    Wednesday, September 02, 2009 7:23 AM
  • Thank you Linda for testing on the RTM version and for forwarding my feedback on the matter. Maybe we will see an update slipped in somewhere in the future. ;)

Thanks again.

EDIT: Cute Panda btw. :)
    Friday, September 04, 2009 11:53 PM
  • I'm running Windows 7 Professional SP 1 and this issue is still not fixed.
    Monday, July 11, 2011 1:18 PM