none
"Failed to initialize playlist" error and Win7 Play To

Question

• I frequently get a "failed to initialize playlist" error from the Win7 Play To window.  My configuration is standard Win7 home premium, streaming directly to a Samsung pn51D650 which is a DMR TV. This happens apparently randomly, and files that once opened (by right-click and Play To selection), refuse to play with this error message. Some solutions indicate to remove the WMP  playlist files and/or database files in that folder, or delete the entire users localsettings WMP folder. This sometimes works but doesn't always.

Many users have reported this problem and some claim it is associated with corruption of wpl  or db files for WMP. What is Microsoft's view of this problem? Do they understand it and is there a fix forthcoming from Microsoft?

www.jensign.com
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 2:21 PM

All replies

• I will send this in via email to MSFT

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 14:21:57 +0000, Jensigner wrote:

>
    >
    >I frequently get a "failed to initialize playlist" error from the Win7 Play To window.  My configuration is standard Win7 home premium, streaming directly to a Samsung pn51D650 which is a DMR TV. This happens apparently randomly, and files that once opened (by right-click and Play To selection), refuse to play with this error message. Some solutions indicate to remove the WMP  playlist files and/or database files in that folder, or delete the entire users localsettings WMP folder. This sometimes works but doesn't always.
    >
    >Many users have reported this problem and some claim it is associated with corruption of wpl  or db files for WMP. What is Microsoft's view of this problem? Do they understand it and is there a fix forthcoming from Microsoft?
    >
    >
    >www.jensign.com

Barb Bowman

http://www.digitalmediaphile.com

• Proposed as answer by Seanie17250 Thursday, October 27, 2011 6:23 PM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:32 PM