none
Office 2007 won't install in 64-bit

Question

• Hi,

I've got Office 2007 Pro Plus installed on my laptop running Windows XP. I installed Windows 7 RC 32-bit as a dual-boot, then installed Office 2007 no problems by going to D:\MSOCache (D: being my WIndows XP drive) and running the installer in there. It all works absolutely fine, no problems.

However, I just installed the RC 64-bit on my PC, and I can't get Office to install. Whenever I open the "setup.exe" file, I get the fancy office window, which says "Please wait while Setup prepares the necessary files.". This window appears for a split second, then I get a dialog box saying "Setup could not find any available products to install. Please contact your System administrator."

I had this problem with the Beta (Build 7000 64-bit), but fixed it by switching back to 32-bit. I've googled around, but haven't found much, only forum posts that aren't answered.

Any ideas?
    Saturday, July 25, 2009 4:37 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I have Windows7 RC x64 installed on main drive and office 2007 pro installed from source cd and i am yet to see an error, dont know how much help that was unless you take it as a local maybe hardware failure that only a OS such as win7 x64 may see. dont know. either way if i was you i would check install media, do custom install to make sure i got everything installing that i wanted, also run some sort of hardware diag on the destination drive you are installing too to make sure there is not some sort of cluster error or crc error while data is intransit.

Hope this helps and please keep me informed on if you correct this error

Kind Regards
    Aaron.
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 1:25 PM

All replies

• Update: I found the setup log files, and heres the part where it goes wrong:

Required add on group: culture does not have a complete set for descriptor: en-us for product: PROPLUS
    Required add on group culture does not have a complete set of addons for product: PROPLUS
    A required add on group does not have at least one full match for product: PROPLUS.  Removing product from available product choices.
    Showing parent-less message Title: 'Setup Error', Message: 'Setup could not find any available products to install.  Please contact your system administrator.'
    Message returned: 1
    Error: All products do not have a complete add on group that is required for installation Type: IncompleteProductAddOns. 
    Catalyst execution finished: 07/18/2009 20:23:07.  Return code: 30026.  Exception caught: IncompleteProductAddOns.
    PERF: TickCount=1621755 Name=RunSetup Description=End function
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 9:42 AM
  • Office 2007 pro installed fine on my 64 bit windows 7 install...
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 2:55 PM
  • It installed fine on mine, but crashes frequently on start-up.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 10:26 PM
  • Could you try installing from the original source media... do let us know if you face any issue doing that
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:42 AM
  • Hi there,

I have Windows 7 RC 64-bit installed on my PC and have installed Office 2007 Pro from source CD without any issues. I have then used the file transfer wizard to move files from my XP machine to this one and all is looking fine so far. The only issue has been with Outlook not keeping my login and password details even when I check the box on the login screen which appears everytime Outlook send/receives any emails.

Have you tried using the install media?
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 10:06 AM
  • Hello,

I have Windows7 RC x64 installed on main drive and office 2007 pro installed from source cd and i am yet to see an error, dont know how much help that was unless you take it as a local maybe hardware failure that only a OS such as win7 x64 may see. dont know. either way if i was you i would check install media, do custom install to make sure i got everything installing that i wanted, also run some sort of hardware diag on the destination drive you are installing too to make sure there is not some sort of cluster error or crc error while data is intransit.

Hope this helps and please keep me informed on if you correct this error

Kind Regards
    Aaron.
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 1:25 PM
  • I just installed windows 7 RC 64-bit on my PC, however when I try to install office pro 2007 UPGRADE, it can't locate earlier version of ms office.  The office package says qualifying products include MS works.  Well before this, I installed MS Works 9 on this windows 7 RC 64-bit system.  That was not recognized as a qualifying product.

The Message I received was:

Locate your earlier version of Microsoft Office

If you have a version of Microsoft Office that is installed on a disk or network server, click Browse to locate Microsoft Office on the disk or server.

If you have a version of Microsoft Office on a CD, place the CD in your CD-ROM drive, click Browse, and then locate Microsoft Office.

Important  To purchase a 2007 Microsoft Office system product as an upgrade from an earlier version of Office, the earlier version of Office must qualify as a product that can be upgraded. For list of qualifying products, visit Microsoft Office Online and read the column on the page called Qualifying Products for Upgrade.

If you receive an error message or encounter a problem, visit The 2007 Microsoft Office suites Setup Resource Center for troubleshooting information and how to contact Microsoft Product Support.
    Del Thibodeaux
    Friday, August 21, 2009 1:20 AM
  • Hey nuclearpidgeon

Did you get resolution to your install problems with Office 2007?  I have exactly the same message in my install log and would love to know how to overcome this.

Thank you
    Sunday, August 23, 2009 4:45 PM
  • Hi Nuclear Pidgeon, My main problem was that Works 9 was not being recognized as a qualifying product to allow loading of my MS Office 2007 PRO upgrade.  I had to install a patch to Works 9 so that it would be recognized as a qualifying product so I could upgrade to Office 2007 on my new Windows 7 Ultimate RC system.  Apparently, the original problem was not caused by Windows 7.   Here is the information from the MS support page I found with a Bing search for "works 9 patch" and I clicked on the URL below to fix my problem:

This problem occurs because of an error in Works 9 and in Works SE 9. During the upgrade process, Works does not provide the necessary information to the 2007 Office Setup program.

To resolve this problem, download the "Update for Microsoft Works 9 and Works SE...

To resolve this problem, download the "Update for Microsoft Works 9 and Works SE 9," and then install the Office 2007 upgrade.

To obtain the update, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=04446BAB-F439-4DB8-856B-2DE7234F22A0&displaylang=en (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=04446BAB-F439-4DB8-856B-2DE7234F22A0&displaylang=en)

Del Thibodeaux
    Sunday, August 23, 2009 6:45 PM
  • Hi,

Did you find an answer to your problem?
    I got exctly the same message as you and my log file produce also the same error : "culture does not have a complete set for descriptor: en-us"
    In my case, I'm running Vista 64bit home premium french and I try to install the Standard office 2007 English.
    This package could easily be installed on an XP pro system (32bit, French)

Any feedback is welcome!
    Monday, August 24, 2009 8:41 AM
  • Talk about weird....

I have two systems MSDN Windows 7, I thought with 64 bit and one installed Office 2007 and the other did not. To be honest, I am beginning to doubt that the Lenovo is installed with 64bits.

This software was installed succesfully on the same two pieces of hardware running Vista-64.

Please find an answer to this problem, please.

Renee
    Monday, August 24, 2009 12:37 PM
  • No, the lenovo is definitely running 64 bits and I have Office on it. Obviously, the lenovo found everything. Renee
    Monday, August 24, 2009 12:47 PM
  • "I have Windows7 RC x64 installed on main drive and office 2007 pro installed from source cd and i am yet to see an error, dont know how much help that was unless you take it as a local maybe hardware failure that only a OS such as win7 x64 may see. dont know. either way if i was you i would check install media, do custom install to make sure i got everything installing that i wanted, also run some sort of hardware diag on the destination drive you are installing too to make sure there is not some sort of cluster error or crc error while data is intransit."

This topic is far from over. I just did my third Windows 7 (64bit) MSDN installation and this was a clean install. I could not install an older MSDN DVD of Office 2007 Ultra. Windows 7 did not allow me to install the Update for Microsoft works 9.

The failure comes after the license number goes in. The apparent problem is that the installation has lost it's base directory, so to speak.

Please stick with this.

Renee
    Monday, August 24, 2009 11:11 PM
  • Have you find any answer already?
    I went exactly through the same problem and do not know how to solve it. I just purchased a laptop with Win 7  and had Works 9 installed and a trial version of Office 2007. I have uninstalled both, then tried to install MS-Office Enterprise 2007 and got the same Setup Error: ...could not find any available products to install. Please contact system administrator.
    I never had any problem with this MS-Office before using Windows XP and Windows Vista.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Wednesday, November 04, 2009 12:31 AM