none
Problem signature: Problem Event Name:_BlueScreen OS Version:_6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1 Locale ID:_1033

Question

• hello i just installed windows 7 ultimate and it worked fine and then randomly at random times i would get a blue screen doing a file dump this is the info it gave me Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
      OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
      Locale ID:    1033

Additional information about the problem:
      BCCode:    d1
      BCP1:    0412000B
      BCP2:    00000002
      BCP3:    00000000
      BCP4:    9044706A
      OS Version:    6_1_7600
      Service Pack:    0_0
      Product:    256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
      C:\Windows\Minidump\120209-21328-01.dmp
      C:\Users\wolf\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-50203-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
      C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
    i hope someone can help
    Friday, December 04, 2009 8:03 AM

Answers

• After analyzing the minidump files, the possible cause found is nvmcp.sys. It should be the NVIDIA sound card driver.

I would like to suggest you uninstall the current installed sound card driver, search and install the latest version of the sound card driver from NVIDIA website.

Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Good luck!

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Monday, December 07, 2009 4:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Most of the BSOD issues are caused by physical memory, display card driver and antivirus program.

Would you please upload the following information to SkyDrive and provide us the link for analyzing? You may check how to use SkyDrive for more information.

Collect Minidump Files

=================

1. Click "Start", input "SYSDM.CPL" (without quotation marks) in the “Search” bar and press “Enter”.

2. Switch to the "Advanced" tab and click the "Settings" button under "Startup and Recovery".

3. Under "Write debugging information" section, make sure the "Small memory dump (128KB)" option is selected.

4. Make sure "%SystemRoot%\Minidump" is in the "Small dump directory" open box and click “OK”.

If the Blue Screen appears again, please refer to the following steps to collect memory dump files:

1. Click “Start”, type “%SystemRoot%\Minidump" (without quotation marks) in “Search” bar and press “Enter”.

2. Go to your Desktop, right-click on it and create a new folder named "Dump".

3. Copy all the memory dump files (looks like [Mini092008-01.dmp]) in Minidump to this folder.

4. Right-click on the Dump folder, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder".

5. Please send the ZIP file to us.

I would like to analyze them with WinDbg to check if there is any clue.

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Friday, December 04, 2009 8:23 AM
  • ok i think i did ti right if not let me know thank you for your help http://cid-d5cb8efbc78f96b5.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Documents
    Saturday, December 05, 2009 12:31 AM
  • After analyzing the minidump files, the possible cause found is nvmcp.sys. It should be the NVIDIA sound card driver.

I would like to suggest you uninstall the current installed sound card driver, search and install the latest version of the sound card driver from NVIDIA website.

Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Good luck!

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Monday, December 07, 2009 4:26 AM
  • hi,i am also sufferinf from same problem.my computer is up to date and there is no drivers missing.please help me.how i will send u that dump file? i made it zip but i don't know how i will send u. please give me ur email add that i can send u the file. thanks.
    Sunday, March 28, 2010 12:22 AM
  • How can I open the dump files or is that something that Microsoft has to do?
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 4:32 PM