none
Sysprep - Intel Graphics - BUG!

Question

• Hi there,

Intel Graphics driver are not installed on first boot after running sysprep. As far as I know, this is a known Bug. However, I don't know if it is an Intel or Microsoft Bug. This only occours with Intel Graphics Driver.

I'd really appreciate it if somebody from Microsoft could respond to this.

Thursday, May 31, 2012 2:21 PM

Answers

• Add the driver to the driver store before running sysprep, and it will stay there.  You can also do it offline with dism.

• Edited by JS2010 Thursday, May 31, 2012 4:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sebastian Haensch Monday, June 04, 2012 2:12 PM
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 4:57 PM

All replies

• 1. You are expected to give more information because of no all intel graphics make this problem.

2. Include here or upload to any cloud repository logs.

3. My experience points to use appropriate drive. I do not use drivers that Microsoft has in option update. Instead I use all drivers from HW vendors.

Regards

Milos

Thursday, May 31, 2012 3:09 PM
  • Go to http://connect.microsoft.com/

It is the official way to report bugs.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, May 31, 2012 3:09 PM
  • pnputil -a driverfile.inf

Thursday, May 31, 2012 3:46 PM
  • pnputil -a driverfile.inf

What exactly is your post supposed to indicate?

If you can't post something intelligent, then please don't bother to post anything!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, May 31, 2012 4:19 PM
  • Add the driver to the driver store before running sysprep, and it will stay there.  You can also do it offline with dism.

• Edited by JS2010 Thursday, May 31, 2012 4:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sebastian Haensch Monday, June 04, 2012 2:12 PM
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 4:57 PM

Thanks, gonna give it a try.

Monday, June 04, 2012 6:29 AM
  • I tried to add the Intel GFX driver by running

pnputil -a J:\Intel_GFX_x64_152254\Graphics\igdlh64.inf

pnputil exited with 1 driver added sucessfully. However, still, after running sysprep "Standard VGA Driver" is installed.

EDIT: this is with Intel Graphics x64 Driver Revision: 15.22.54.64.2622

Also, I'm not the only one with this issue, have a look here: http://communities.intel.com/message/127043

And here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproinstall/thread/1b4783d1-6e10-4122-a246-7b480694081e

"PersistAllDeviceInstalls" is not an option for me.

EDIT2: Thank you JS2010,

I captured the sysprepped machine and added the driver using DISM. The driver is no properly installed on oobe boot.

Monday, June 04, 2012 1:10 PM