none
Adobe photoshop elements 8 will not install on windows 7 home 32 bit

Question

• A client of mine had adobe Photoshop elements 8 installed on his computer for a while and it worked, then it got to the point were once you click on “edit” after you launched the program, it would crash and give you an option to send a crash report. After messing with it a few days, we decided, hey lets just uninstall it and do a clean install, I mean why not it works with every other program.. Now when I install both Photoshop and premiere it installs the files to the default folder, or what ever destination I put the files in. It puts a shortcut on the desktop. However if you right click on that short cut, capability tab is not there, and the targets says c:/users/username/desktop and not c:/programsfiles/adobe/whatever/whaterver/photoshop.exe

I have tried to install it endless times, I have even gone through the trouble of clearing out all adobe elements entries from the registry and doing another install this program will NOT install. And tech support wants money to even talk to me about this..WTF.

this is windows 7 home pre 32 bit.

Friday, August 19, 2011 1:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please verify the user should have administrator privileges to install the software. If so, I suggest updating the graphic card driver from manufacture's site. Then perform clean boot and disable security software temporarily to install the software in compatibility mode. (Right click install file -> Troubleshoot compatibility -> Try recommended settings -> Start the program -> next -> save the settings.) If the issue persists, please check the log in Event Viewer.

Meanwhile, please contact adobe forum to discuss the issue.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements?view=discussions

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:21 AM

All replies

• I forgot to mention, once you reboot the computers the shortcut and all the files vanish... 
    Friday, August 19, 2011 1:31 PM
  • This is a problem for Adobe to resolve.

See http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/515/cpsid_51584.html as a start. 

Saturday, August 20, 2011 7:38 AM
  • Hi,

Please verify the user should have administrator privileges to install the software. If so, I suggest updating the graphic card driver from manufacture's site. Then perform clean boot and disable security software temporarily to install the software in compatibility mode. (Right click install file -> Troubleshoot compatibility -> Try recommended settings -> Start the program -> next -> save the settings.) If the issue persists, please check the log in Event Viewer.

Meanwhile, please contact adobe forum to discuss the issue.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements?view=discussions

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:21 AM