Can i recover my data after full format the hard disk on windows 7?

Question

• hi,

Last night i was formatted my hard disk. and accidentally i don't take any backup of my data.

so is there any way to get back of them?.

Thursday, August 12, 2010 12:20 PM

Answers

• You’d better contact your local data recovery center to try to get data back.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, August 16, 2010 9:53 AM

All replies

• Hi LK ,

you can uss any Disk recovery tools,

aaditya

Thursday, August 12, 2010 12:22 PM
  • You’d better contact your local data recovery center to try to get data back.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, August 16, 2010 9:53 AM
  • Hello Sharma,

This is T.Ravikiran. I am also having the same problem.. if you find the solution... please send the to me. We are in desperate need of solution.

We have tried the more than 10 recovery software, but could'nt recover the data.

Kindly reply ASAP.

Regards,

T.Ravikiran

Friday, October 15, 2010 5:08 AM
  • In short No.  Unlike XP and predecessors during the install both Vista and Win 7 actually write zero's in all the sectors during the format process of the drive making data recovery impossible, A quick format is different and could be recoverable, but the full format on install will not be recoverable.
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 6:37 AM
  • Depending on how the install was done matters.  If the original partition was not deleted it will save your files in "windows.old" in windows explorer on the boot drive.
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 6:39 AM
  • Foramtting won't make the data on a hard drive erase permanently.All your data is still stored on the hard drive, they're just invisible or inaccessible.
    You can get your lost  data back with data recovery program.I have succeed to recover data fron formatted external hard drive with Tenorshare Data Recovery.But once your data are overwritten by new data,it is gone for gone.
    Anyway,you can download it and scan your hard drive for free to preview whether you can recover your data. You can get it from: http://www.any-data-recovery.com/product/datarecoverystandard.htm
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 8:17 AM
  • Any free programs similar to Tenorshare?  This program will find lost files and display them but the trail won't restore them, if it can't recover my data I don't want it. I mean is there a good program that will at least restore a portion of lost files as a trial?
    Saturday, September 03, 2011 4:27 AM
  • http://www.recovermyfiles.com/data-recovery-software-download.php click the link sir ha then you download and search you youtube.com how to recovery files format ha......
    Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:40 PM
  • Dude you will get your lost data because Formatting won't make the data on a hard drive erase permanently. All your data is still stored on the hard drive, they're just invisible or inaccessible. You can use any recovery software. Just Google it you will get is. Get data is one of the good tool for recovery of data. But once your data are overwritten by new data, it is gone for gone. 

Vijay jain

Thanks & Regards, Vijay Jain Executive - Infrastructure Services

Monday, June 18, 2012 10:01 AM
  •  Hi....

Just now i have seen your problem and want to suggest you to use windows 7 data recovery software for the recovery of your lost data after formatting the hard drive. As i too used this software and got my lost files. Don't worry and you can easily download this tool and can check for the recovery results at the site mentioned below.

http://www.datarecovery-software.net/windows7.html

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 7:33 AM
  • I had the similar problem a couple days ago. So I just searched it on internet and got a free recovery program, which was recommended on the internet:

http://www.squidoo.com/format-recovery

Since it had successfully recovered all of my videos, I would like to share with you. It offered four recover options for us to process the different recovery programs. I remember I selected the "Format Recovery", hooked the needed videos and previewed the recovered videos. It is quite useful.

Note for you:

1. Stop using this drive right now to avoid overwriting the original data, which can make your data gone permanently.

2. Save your recovered files on a different storage device in case of recovery failure.

3. Always back up you data in the future.

I hope my experience can help you.

Good luck!

Friday, November 30, 2012 5:19 AM
  • dont worry, you can recover formatted data from computer with some format recovery tool, recommended Asoftech Data Recovery which helped me before. You may refer to this format data recovery guide:

how to recover formatted files from hard drive

Friday, June 14, 2013 3:37 AM
  • you can use any windows recovery software for data recovery. these software are very user friendly and retrieve your data without nay loss within an hour.
    Monday, June 24, 2013 11:15 AM