none
I run a 3 LG monitor system from an ATI Graphics card that has now lost the native settings and just see non PnP monitors

Question

• Using win 7 64 bit and a ATI graphics card with three LG 2224 monitors all were running at hig res. 1920 x 1080.

Now the system only sees 1 monitor as an LG and the 2 others a Non PnP and will not drive them at more than 1600 res.

Have tried re - installing the LG drivers and have the latest ATI driver and control.

Any bright ideas on how to bring back to life?

Thanks

Thursday, February 07, 2013 12:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

How do you connect the rest of monitors to display card? I mean the ports type? Do you use any convertor? If you are using HDMI, try to replace it with the one used by the recognized monitor.

Only thing that comes to mind thus far is either:

1) Marginal connection with the LCD cable. (open up and reseat it, may as well do a repaste if you go that far)

2) Panel has a problem and needs replacement

3) Vid card has an issue and needs replacement

4) Bad LCD cable

If you have any feedback on our support, please clickhere

Juke Chou
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 08, 2013 9:38 AM
  • Thanks for the notes:

Two of the LG use a standard VGA cable  via a DVI - VGA converter and one comes from a Display Port on the ATI 5700 graphics card via a Display Port - VGA converter from StarTech. All was fine for a year.

Will re-check the cables and connections. And connected the monitors to another Window machine to test them.

Friday, February 08, 2013 1:13 PM
  • Hi,

I suppose the one using Display Port can be detected, the rest cannot. Right? Anyway, if you get any thing, please keep me updated.

Juke Chou

Monday, February 11, 2013 6:57 AM
  • I have tested all 3 monitors with different cables. All work as VGA at high res. at 1920 * 1080

I suspects the video card. But Dell claim it is perfect. So I have ordered a new active Display Port to VGA converter. Will see what that does.

Thanks

Alastair

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 1:51 PM
  • Hi,

Any update?

Juke Chou

Sunday, March 03, 2013 2:07 PM
  • It was the video card. Either a driver issues to hardware.

In the end I chucked out the ATI card and replaced it with a higher res Nvidia card.

Now have 3 monitors in high res.

Friday, May 31, 2013 2:41 PM