none
Signed disk driver for 64 bit installatin

Question

• I am trying to make a bootable USB key disk for my 64 bit systen. I have a 30 Gb Cruzer but the installation does not see the disk. The installation tells me that I need  a signed druver for the Cruzer.

Where do I find such a driver?

Renee

"MODERN PROGRAMMING is deficient in elementary ways BECAUSE of problems INTRODUCED by MODERN PROGRAMMING." Me

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:41 PM

All replies

• I think the problem is that those sticks have some software on them that interferes with that.

check on their web site for a removal tool

Windows MVP 2010-11, XP, Vista, 7. Expanding into Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Server, SharePoint, Cloud, Virtualization etc. etc.

Hardcore Games, Legendary is the only Way to Play

Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews

Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:36 AM
  • I assume you are using the stick for bitlocker

Windows MVP 2010-11, XP, Vista, 7. Expanding into Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Server, SharePoint, Cloud, Virtualization etc. etc.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:37 AM
  • No, Im not. I am trying to make a bootble USB disk.

Renee

"MODERN PROGRAMMING is deficient in elementary ways BECAUSE of problems INTRODUCED by MODERN PROGRAMMING." Me

Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:03 AM
  • Try using a Linux USB installer and see if it can clean up the stick for you.

www.ubuntu.com

Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:13 AM
  • What OS are you trying to install on the Cruzer?

(Not Win7, I hope. I believe that the installer will refuse to install Win7 on a USB drive.)

Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:45 AM
  • Try to "clean" the disk using diskpart.  Open an elevated comand prompt and type diskpart.  Once at the diskpart command prompt, type list disk.  You should see the 30GB disk.  Type select disk x (where "x" represents the disk number of the USB drive.  Once the disk is selected, type clean.  This action will remove any partitions and volumes on the disk.
    • Edited by DarienHawk67 Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:28 AM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:27 AM
  • At all cost I do NOT use Linux software.

Renee

Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:26 AM
  • It does refuse! and WIN7 is what Im trying to install.

Renee

Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:28 AM
  • As i had just formated the disk, diskpar shows this:

• Edited by Renee Culver Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:56 AM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:40 AM
  • DiskManagement does not give me alot of choices, although there is a create and attach VHD.

• Edited by Renee Culver Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:57 AM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:53 AM
  • You really don't want to remove all partitions. At least one is needed.

I dont think I'll be able to recover the disk I formatted. They do not take formatting well.

Im fortunate in that I have an identical disk that I am now copying to DVD so I can do everything to the remaining 32 gb cruzer.

Renee

Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:44 AM
  • I know (I think). SSDs have a additional partion. It may have tools or just replacement blocks. Formatting kills this partition also.

Im just about 50% of the way through the copy. By the way, does anyone know of the WES7?

Renee

Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:25 AM