I have installed windows 7 on my pc, every drivers installed correctly. But win7 can't detect my speakers when they are plugged in. It says that : No speakers or headphones are plugged in. When I click on the icon with the speaker and the X surrounded by red circle, it tries to find problems but it finally says: The peripheral does not appear to be plugged in. Check the connection. Proceed to next step to finish. I can't figure out whats the problem.. I have winxp installed on another partition and speakers work fine.. the problem is definatly in windows 7 configuration.
-Motherboard: ASUS P5LD2-VM SERIES
Please help me!
i suggest you to check if your mother board supports for windows 7 audio drivers,
please check the link below its only made for Windows 2K / Windows XP / Windows 2003...
or search it by doing access to windows update hope it finds any drivers
Hope it helps
- Edited by Nikhil Deshpande Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:00 AM
Ive already installed windows vista on my pc with the same motherboard and everything was working properly. If my motherboard runs vista, could it not run Win7? And I have run the tool from microsoft *(Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor Beta)* and everything looks to be compatible..
The link bellow shows the test result:
any other idea??
I would suggest to download SoundMax drivers and install them. You may try to download the drivers from the following IBM site. http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-73887.html After downloading is finished, double click on driver and "Run". It should atumatically install the drivers. Still, if it doesn't automatically install the drivers, follow the below procedure.
1. Right cick on "Computer"
2. Click on "Properties"
3. Click on "Hardware" tab.
4. Cilck o "Device Manager"
5. Select "Sound, Video and Game Controllers"
6. Right click on already installed drivers and select "Update Drivers Software"
7. From the window opened, select "Browse my computer for driver software"
8. Select "Let me pick from a list of device driver on my computer"
9. Select "Have Disk"
10. Browse to the location where Drivers files are extracted (Usuall the location of SoundMax drvers files are "C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERS\AUDIO\....."
11. From the above location, it would automatically detect the driver, and would intall on your computer.
Please leave a comment if it works....