none
Change default icon size

Question

• Hi

I'm trying to set the default views for my icons but I can't get it to work. I've changed then view, gone to Organise, then Folder and Search option and then selected the View tab. However in the Folder Views section the Apply to All and Reset buttons are ghosted. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Viv

Viv Haig
    Monday, October 24, 2011 8:55 AM

Answers

• hai,

may i know u open my computer & u open any one of ur drive or folder(dont do it directly from my compter explorer where u can c ur drives,dvd & devices.open any drive and do this )> then change the views for ur choice & then go organize>folder options>view>folder views>APPLY TO ALL FOLDERS;

Regards fazil [Please remember to click this as marked as helpful if u find it useful.. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.]
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 10:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Viv Haig,

Could you provide us with a screenshot?

You can change the icon size in this way: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3916-icon-size-change-windows-explorer-window.html

(Note: Since the site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

However, you cannot seperately change one icon size.

Regards,

Miya

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 2:51 AM
  • Hi there

Thanks for that but I know how to change the view for individual folders. What I want to do is to change the default icon size for ALL of the folders. It was something that could be done very easily with Windows XP but I can't sem to get it to work for Windows 7.

Viv

Viv Haig
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 8:26 AM
  • Hai VHaig,

to change the icon size navigate through this path:

control panel>display>in left navigation pane v cud c "SET CUSTOM TEXT SIZE(DPI)" set the font size in Percentage........

Regards fazil [Please remember to click this as marked as helpful if u find it useful.. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.]
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 8:33 AM
  • Hi again

I want to set the default icon size to one of the options on the Views button. For example, Details, Tiles, Large Icons.

Viv

Viv Haig
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 8:50 AM
  • hai,

open MY computer> organize>folder options>view>folder views>APPLY TO ALL FOLDERS;

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 9:26 AM
  • Thanks for that but it still doesn't answer my question. The Apply to All option is ghosted (as mentioned above) - I cannot click on it.

Viv

Viv Haig
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 9:57 AM
  • hai,

may i know u open my computer & u open any one of ur drive or folder(dont do it directly from my compter explorer where u can c ur drives,dvd & devices.open any drive and do this )> then change the views for ur choice & then go organize>folder options>view>folder views>APPLY TO ALL FOLDERS;

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 10:01 AM
  • Hi Viv,

How's it going? Thefazu is correct, if you directly open Computer, that option is grayed out. You should double-click one of the drives then go to the Folder Options.

If you have any questions on this, please feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Miya

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 8:51 AM
  • As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered" as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!

Regards,

Miya

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 7:47 AM