none
speedtouch modem drivers causes this? Win 7 Professional

Question

• I have trouble with the driver, when i first had win 7 professional the vista drivers attached the modem to the computer and it worked until now, i reinstalled win 7 and now it has given me error of 0692 when i use the software edtion to dial up on stdialup.exe. the software does install as it makes the modem go green on both sections, but when i get to the point of where the software wants to dial up on the wizard it crashes as well. i keep installing and uninstalling but same thing time and time again.

been using xDSLGA-Wired_Driver_UK_330_41C_WinVista.exe and earlier edtions too but nothing works.

PC Spec
    AMD Sempron processor 3000+ 1.80 ghz
    9.00 gb - 1.50 RAM avaible
    32 bit OS  
    74.5 GB H/D

More information

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Users\Rhiannon\AppData\Local\Temp\Installer.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Installer.exe
    Application Version: 3.0.0.2002
    Application Timestamp: 46248886
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00000000
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Files that help describe the problem
    AppCompat.txt
    WERInternalMetadata.xml
    memory.hdmp
    minidump.mdmp

Friday, November 06, 2009 3:33 PM

Answers

• i have now solved it :)

using the speedtouch330seriesR4.0.0.5.EXE APPLICATION then used st300_3012_windows zip file to make it to work!

I am sure others who have same problem, this way is making it a lot easier to get sorted :) Please do contact me if you want to know more on how i did it :)

Rhian
    • Marked as answer by Rhiang1984 Monday, November 09, 2009 8:06 PM
    Monday, November 09, 2009 8:06 PM
  • If it's not too much trouble, can you please explain exactly how you solved the Win7/SpeedTouch problem in terms that can be readily understood by a non-technical user such myself.  Your help will be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks

Step by step on how to do it :) before doing this please do a clean unstall on other softwares that you might have on computer that you may have tried to install for SpeedTouch 330 but it wont work, Thanks!

first of all here are the drivers which are in XP! Bearing in mind i am using 32 bit Win 7 Prof edition!

Use PPPoA and 0.38 connection for both as they are UK

http://www.speedtouch.com/software/ST330/R400/Installers/Windows/SpeedTouch330seriesR4.0.0.5.exe (64 bit driver)

http://www.speedtouch.co.uk/downloads/330/301/st330_3012_windows.zip (32 bit driver)

download both to your desktop on your computer

excute the 64 bit drive and then after it is excuted let it run in XP! run the setup and let it install the drivers, you might find it will crash after inserting the dial up information that it requires to set up the USB Modem, if it crashes then just ok it then leave it alone. You will find that your modem lights will be both green

then excute the 32 bit driver, you will need to unzip the file first, then go and find the setup file in where you stored the folder, run that in XP, then let it install everything, then after you installed everything find Speedtouch USB folder in all programmes, then use Sppedtouch dial up to dial up to the broadband, using all the infomation that your ISP have given you.

Hope that makes sense for you!

• Marked as answer by Rhiang1984 Thursday, November 12, 2009 4:15 PM
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 4:15 PM
  • http://rapidshare.com/files/308952659/SpeedTouch330seriesR4.0.0.5.exe.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/308952660/st330_3012_windows.zip.html

limited time :)

hope it helps - UK files :)

Rhiang1984
    • Marked as answer by Rhiang1984 Wednesday, November 18, 2009 10:38 PM
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 10:35 PM

All replies

• Sounds like you may need an updated driver that is compatible with Windows 7.  You need to contact whom ever you acquired the modem from; either your ISP or the manufacturer.
    Friday, November 06, 2009 8:40 PM
  • i have been to both, thomson has got what i been using in above statement as the most update driver, my ISP suggest using the disc that came with it, it just seems to use XP files which confuses me extremely! I will try using XP files to see if they will make it work.    
    Saturday, November 07, 2009 3:42 PM
  • i have now solved it :)

using the speedtouch330seriesR4.0.0.5.EXE APPLICATION then used st300_3012_windows zip file to make it to work!

I am sure others who have same problem, this way is making it a lot easier to get sorted :) Please do contact me if you want to know more on how i did it :)

Rhian
    • Marked as answer by Rhiang1984 Monday, November 09, 2009 8:06 PM
    Monday, November 09, 2009 8:06 PM
  • If it's not too much trouble, can you please explain exactly how you solved the Win7/SpeedTouch problem in terms that can be readily understood by a non-technical user such myself.  Your help will be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 1:39 PM

Step by step on how to do it :) before doing this please do a clean unstall on other softwares that you might have on computer that you may have tried to install for SpeedTouch 330 but it wont work, Thanks!

first of all here are the drivers which are in XP! Bearing in mind i am using 32 bit Win 7 Prof edition!

Use PPPoA and 0.38 connection for both as they are UK

http://www.speedtouch.com/software/ST330/R400/Installers/Windows/SpeedTouch330seriesR4.0.0.5.exe (64 bit driver)

http://www.speedtouch.co.uk/downloads/330/301/st330_3012_windows.zip (32 bit driver)

download both to your desktop on your computer

excute the 64 bit drive and then after it is excuted let it run in XP! run the setup and let it install the drivers, you might find it will crash after inserting the dial up information that it requires to set up the USB Modem, if it crashes then just ok it then leave it alone. You will find that your modem lights will be both green

then excute the 32 bit driver, you will need to unzip the file first, then go and find the setup file in where you stored the folder, run that in XP, then let it install everything, then after you installed everything find Speedtouch USB folder in all programmes, then use Sppedtouch dial up to dial up to the broadband, using all the infomation that your ISP have given you.

Hope that makes sense for you!

• Marked as answer by Rhiang1984 Thursday, November 12, 2009 4:15 PM
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 4:15 PM
  • Forgive the delay; I've only just opened your reply.  Thanks for the very clear listing of actions that you've provided . . . l expect to implement your suggestions later today.  I'll let you know how I get on.  Best wishes . . . Don
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 8:11 AM
  • Hi, having the same problem myself...
    And I was about to try out your solution, Rhiang1984 but cannot get this file:

Can you help?
    Thanks
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 6:33 PM
  • http://rapidshare.com/files/308952659/SpeedTouch330seriesR4.0.0.5.exe.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/308952660/st330_3012_windows.zip.html

limited time :)

hope it helps - UK files :)

Rhiang1984
    • Marked as answer by Rhiang1984 Wednesday, November 18, 2009 10:38 PM
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 10:35 PM
  • Couldn't make it... the lights went green... but still he couldn't make the conexion...
    :(
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 5:48 PM
  • It gives me the error 651... do you know how to solve it? What does it mean?
    Thanks,
    Sandra
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 4:38 PM

• ... now I have the error 797... I know that something is not right with the driver rasppoe.sys...

Can anybody send me the driver?

Thanks,
    Sandra 

• Proposed as answer by Mark70 Thursday, February 11, 2010 12:08 AM
    Monday, November 23, 2009 1:04 PM
  • I had the same problem with the speedtouch 303 usb modem / driver not working on Windows 7. None of the solutions I read on here worked form me - I still kept getting the dreaded blue screen.

I sent an email to Thompsons support (speedtouch_supportEn@thomson.net) concerning the speedtouch 303 usb modem driver and got the following reply today:

"Thank you for contacting SpeedTouch Customer Support.

Your reference number with our helpdesk is: 24454515

I have read your mail concerning the problem you have installing your 330 on your windows 7 operating system.

I am sorry to say that the 330 is obsolete and there will be no drivers for windows 7.

If you have any further questions please dont hesitate to contact us.

I wish you Success!"

Piy they spell "Success" correctly but I appreciated their reply. I'm not gonna fudge a solution on my new laptop, so looks like I'll be buying a new windows 7 compatible modem/going wireless.

Mark
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 12:15 AM
  • This is tricky, because the old SpeedTouch Stingray v0 actually works PERFECTLY with Windows 7 ......... eventually .....

Most download packages for Speedtouch tend to be PPPoA which is useless in Australia. So Antipodeans need to download a program called

'ST330_VistaSetup_v03' which provides a selection with PPPoE as an option, which is what we in Oz need!

The tricky bit is that the set-up will not complete until in some way or another, during attempting to install the SpeedTouch, one has managed to get the computer on line via dial-up or whatever, with everything plugged in, and to enable a Windows 7 Update. This might take a few tries and reboots, but eventually a 60k update will be there. Install it.

A few points:

The Vista set-up program probably won't unzip properly if you've only got Windows 7 Home Premium like me. You'll need to grab WinZip Trial or something else, then install SpeedTouch from where you extracted the Vista program. Plenty of options.

Then most probably it will fail because it can't create some crappy folder. Wait for a few seconds and you'll be given the option to re-install using recommended settings. Just agree.

The VCI/VPI entries for Australia are 8:35. The program seems to know that anyway.

The install programs vary and are dodgy. If I knew how to attach the one I KNOW works in this Forum, I would. Some of them with the same name won't complete AT ALL. SO stupid.

This isn't meant to be a how-to. Presumably anyone who's trying to install a SpeedTouch is in an off-grid power scenario where a USB-powered ADSL modem on a laptop means a couple of hours of web browsing without having to start a generator or run an inverter. In which case they'll be used to bashing their head against a brick wall, and eventually one reaches a good conclusion.

As I said; once you've set it up it's brilliant. But you NEED the 60k MS update. Maybe there's a way of downloading it and whacking it on a USB stick.

I don't know. But the SpeedTouch works. Very VERY WELL!

Cheers.

Mike.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:41 AM
  • Hi, i'm having the same problem about the wizard...crash!!!

When is sincro at 54% crash can you please tell me how did you do it to make it work??

Saturday, May 01, 2010 4:28 AM