none
Ascentive's ActiveSpeed vs Windows 7

Question

• Has ANYONE found a way to make ActiveSpeed function AFTER 1st ActiveSpeed Reboot.

Thru the FIX OLDER PROGRAMS Page in the Control Panel, I have gotten rid of the Win95 Error and Windows 7 is now in it's place onthe Error Prompt from Ascentive.  I can 'Fully Fill Out' the 'Intelligent Mode Page - with 'NO' Error Prompts from Ascentive;   Load for 15sec., is good - BUT I can't get the ActiveSpeed Reboot 'To TAKE'.

Ascentive is 'Microsoft Certified Partner and early on in this - late NOV 2009 - Ascentive said to me - in chat support - that it would be 'SEVERAL MONTHS' before a suitable new ver. and-or Patch would be available.

The rest, little tho it may be, I have done on my own.
    ActiveSpeed TRULY bumps my dwnld speed 325 PerCent - especially internally - externally from 25-500, yess, 500 PerCent - depending on server on other end.  Thx for listening, Kaz
    quikstudykansas  --  Forum

xxxxx@gmail.com  --  email
    Monday, January 18, 2010 3:32 AM

Answers

• You can try the update mentioned in Magon's post first. If the issue persists, you may have to install the latest version of this software to resolve this issue. According to the manufacturer's website, this version is compatible with Windows 7. Also, you can contact Ascentive for confirmation before purchasing the new product.

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, January 22, 2010 5:46 AM
    Friday, January 22, 2010 5:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If a program stating is "Microsoft certified partner program", that does not garantee it will run perfectly in windows.

Have you installed the latest update released Dec 2009?

In addition, does the software really speed up your internet access? Where did you find the speed report? Using another internet monitor software or the same one?
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:32 AM
  • You can try the update mentioned in Magon's post first. If the issue persists, you may have to install the latest version of this software to resolve this issue. According to the manufacturer's website, this version is compatible with Windows 7. Also, you can contact Ascentive for confirmation before purchasing the new product.

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, January 22, 2010 5:46 AM
    Friday, January 22, 2010 5:45 AM