none
Window-Drive Not Ready

Question

•   Hi all.  I have this problem:

when i turn on my computer. I always get a message

Windows-Drive Not Ready

The dirve is not ready for use;its doormay be open. Please checm drive ?????0???? and make sure that a disk is inserted and that the drive door is closed

Please help me to solve this problem

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 1:21 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I suggest the steps below to troubleshoot this issue first.

Step 1. Modify a registry key
    ---------------------

1. Click Start, and type “regedit” (without quotation marks). Press Enter.
    2. In the Registry Editor, on the left pane, navigate to the following key by expanding the plus sign (+):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SYSTEM\ CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows

3. Right click on "Windows", click "Export", and then save it to the C:\ drive. (In case we need to undo the modification, we can double click it to restore the registry key)

4. Double-click on the key ErrorMode, and set the data value to 2.

After that, please restart the computer. Does it work? If not, please go on with the following steps.

Step 2. Clean boot

To place the computer in a clean boot state, follow the steps below:

1.     Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

2.     On the General tab, click Selective Startup.

3.     Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.

4.     Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.

5.     Click OK.

6.     When you are prompted, click Restart.

7.     After the computer starts, start the installation and check whether the problem is resolved.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, May 06, 2011 8:06 AM