none
My Passport 070A USB 1TB Hard drive not workin

Question

• I am running Windows 7 64-bit.  My usb WD Passport 070A 1TB Harddrive is not working properly.  I have data saved on it that has been transfered from this system before.  So, I know it's compatible.  When I plug in my cable windows installs my driver successfully and it shows up under my safely remove hardware and eject media icon.  However, it does not show up under my computer with my other internal drives.  Please help!  I cannot lose this data.  I already tried uninstalling my usb controllers and reinstalling them.  
    Monday, December 20, 2010 3:01 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, I suggest to perform these steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1 Go to disk management to see if your USB HD can be recognized in it

2 Go to registry, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices, delete the registry key \DosDevices\deviceletter which belong to USB HD.

Note: do not delete \DosDevices\C: or D: which belong to local HD, also backup the registry before delete it.

3 Update the BIOS to the latest version

4 Connect the USB HD with other PC to see if it can be recognized.

If the issue persists, I suggest to contact WD for further help:

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:29 AM