none
slipstream vlk installation xp-sp3 vlk key don't accept

Question

•  

I'm create new slipstream insialation xp sp2 vl to sp3 and my vlk key don't accept.

Thanks.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 8:43 PM

Answers

•  muamer wrote:

I'm create new slipstream insialation xp sp2 vl to sp3 and my vlk key don't accept.

Thanks.

Did you run the actual slipstream process on a PC running Vista ? Apparently doing so produces a disk with just the symptoms you describe. You must do the slipstreaming itself on a PC running XP. There may be other scenarios that produce the same effect, but the Vista one is the only one I've heard of.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 10:54 PM

All replies

•  

I did the same with sp2 vl to sp3 last night and have a working cd.  the only problem I have was during the setup on a new HD, it asked for a previous full copy of the cd for verification.  Once I put in a xp pro cd, it continues.  I entered the key later when it requested. NP.
    Sunday, April 27, 2008 9:27 PM
  •  muamer wrote:

Thanks.

Did you run the actual slipstream process on a PC running Vista ? Apparently doing so produces a disk with just the symptoms you describe. You must do the slipstreaming itself on a PC running XP. There may be other scenarios that produce the same effect, but the Vista one is the only one I've heard of.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 10:54 PM
  •  

I had this same problem slipstreaming the image from Windows XP SP2.
    Monday, April 28, 2008 7:11 AM
  • Tuesday, April 29, 2008 9:38 AM