none
BSOD 0x0000000a

Question

• Hi guys,

For the last couple of 2 months i'm getting diffrerent kind of BSOD error messages, the "top" bsod error code i'm getting is:0x0000000a

Recently i updated all my drivers, includig the bios, hoping it will solve the issues, and i won't be bothered with BSOD ever again, but for some reason it didn't work.

I don't have much of hardware usb plugged into my pc (except for microsoft ubs mouse), nothing more (no printer, or usb cameras)...

I attached the minidump i got from the last BSOD (yesterday), and i uploaded it to the skydrive, hoping you'll be able to target the driver which is causing my pc to drop down.

MY pc is used for virutalization  testing enviroment, i have AMD processor with 6 cores, 16gb mem, 3 hard disks 1tb each of them.

and trust me when i say that every time the my pc gets a BSOD i need to start all my virtual servers from the beginning and it's kind of dipressing to do it all over again and again.

here is the link to my skydrive with the minidmp.

https://skydrive.live.com/?id=2571C3D23578E4ED!288&cid=2571c3d23578e4ed&authkey=!AkM1Uqo1ZgkPN5g

Best regards,

Nahum.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 6:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

We could analyse the information below from your minidump file:

*******************************************************************************
    *                                                                             *
    *                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {80, 2, 1, fffff80002cf7642}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KxWaitForLockOwnerShip+12 )

Followup: MachineOwner

The CAUSE is shown as ntkrnlmp.exe which is a Windows component which means something else
    drove it into Fault.This bug check is issued if page memory is accessed when the IRQL is too high.

The error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS.

If you encounter bug check 0xA while upgrading to a later version of Windows, this error might be caused by a device driver, a system service, a virus scanner, or a backup tool that is incompatible with the new version.

To resolve an error caused by a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS

1. Restart your computer.
    2. Press F8 at the character-based menu that displays the operating system choices.
    3. Select the Last Known Good Configuration option from the Windows Advanced Options menu. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time.

To resolve an error caused by an incompatible device driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup tool

1. Check the System Log in Event Viewer for error messages that might identify the device or driver that caused the error.
    2. Try disabling memory caching of the BIOS.
    3. Run the hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer, especially the memory scanner. For details on these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer.
    4. Make sure the latest Service Pack is installed.
    5. If your system has small computer system interface (SCSI) adapters, contact the adapter manufacturer to obtain updated Windows drivers. Try disabling sync negotiation in the SCSI BIOS, checking the cabling and the SCSI IDs of each device, and confirming proper termination.
    6. For integrated device electronics (IDE) devices, define the onboard IDE port as Primary only. Also, check each IDE device for the proper master/subordinate/stand-alone setting. Try removing all IDE devices except for hard disks.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:20 AM
  • NH

You appear to have verifier enabled and that may very well be the cause of THIS crash. We need more DMPS to confirm the diagnosis and spot trends.

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1
    DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP
    BUGCHECK_STR:  0xA
    PROCESS_NAME:  System

Wanikiya & Dyami--Team Zigzag

Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We could analyse the information below from your minidump file:

*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {80, 2, 1, fffff80002cf7642}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KxWaitForLockOwnerShip+12 )

Followup: MachineOwner

The CAUSE is shown as ntkrnlmp.exe which is a Windows component which means something else
    drove it into Fault.This bug check is issued if page memory is accessed when the IRQL is too high.

The error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS.

If you encounter bug check 0xA while upgrading to a later version of Windows, this error might be caused by a device driver, a system service, a virus scanner, or a backup tool that is incompatible with the new version.

To resolve an error caused by a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS

1. Restart your computer.
    2. Press F8 at the character-based menu that displays the operating system choices.
    3. Select the Last Known Good Configuration option from the Windows Advanced Options menu. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time.

To resolve an error caused by an incompatible device driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup tool

1. Check the System Log in Event Viewer for error messages that might identify the device or driver that caused the error.
    2. Try disabling memory caching of the BIOS.
    3. Run the hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer, especially the memory scanner. For details on these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer.
    4. Make sure the latest Service Pack is installed.
    5. If your system has small computer system interface (SCSI) adapters, contact the adapter manufacturer to obtain updated Windows drivers. Try disabling sync negotiation in the SCSI BIOS, checking the cabling and the SCSI IDs of each device, and confirming proper termination.
    6. For integrated device electronics (IDE) devices, define the onboard IDE port as Primary only. Also, check each IDE device for the proper master/subordinate/stand-alone setting. Try removing all IDE devices except for hard disks.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:20 AM
  • NH

You appear to have verifier enabled and that may very well be the cause of THIS crash. We need more DMPS to confirm the diagnosis and spot trends.

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1
    DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP
    BUGCHECK_STR:  0xA
    PROCESS_NAME:  System

Wanikiya & Dyami--Team Zigzag

Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:07 AM