none
Missing dll file Windows 7 Pro

Question

• I can't run setup.exe, the error message is can't find wdsutil find and load the file, then I get can't find autorun after I close out the previous window. 
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 10:55 PM

All replies

• Hi, it is not entirely clear to me what you are trying to achieve, please clarify!

If you are trying to install Windows from retail media and the installer gives you errors about missing files, the most common cause is that the media is damaged. Inspect it visually and, as a test, copy it's entire contents to your harddrive. If this fails, of course installing windows will also fail.

MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP
    Monday, August 01, 2011 6:30 AM
  • hi ;

try with this links please :- http://www.registrygenius.com/dll-errors/wdsutil.dll.html

- http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000749.htm

good luck

System Engineer | vNext Consulting
    Monday, August 01, 2011 8:25 AM
  • Hi TimmCl,

Click Start, input cmd in the search box, press ENTER. Input the command SFC /scannow to check if it can fix the corrupted file.

If it doesn't work, run a In-Place upgrade or manually extract files from Windows 7 installation DVD.

Regards,

Miya

Note: Since the site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, August 03, 2011 7:37 AM
  • Sorry, I'm still learning how to use Technet and the forums and such. I am going to school to get my MCITP and the pace at times is overwellming. I was trying to do an clean install of windows 7 PRO w/SP1 when I burned it to a disk DVD it required 2 disks it was over 6GBs. That was the problem ( it was media damaged being split up) I took my computer to school used a dual layer dvd and fixed the problem with help from my fellow students. Again I apoligize for taking way to long to reply.  Thank you for your help.
    Timm
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 9:14 PM
  • Fixing Missing DLL file Errors
    1.You should begin by reinstalling the application whose DLL file has gone missing. When you reinstall, you will usually reinstate any missing file or component which is causing the error.

2.If you have uninstalled any application, try reinstalling it. The uninstaller of that application may have deleted the file that is missing and created the problem for you.

3.If your operating system is Windows XP, ME or Vista, you should use the built-in System Restore utility, which will restore your system back to the day before the missing DLL error occurred.

4.If you find that the file is present on your computer and your system is unable to detect it, then you need to sweep your system for malware which is causing the error.

5.You can search for the file on the Internet and download it from the website that is genuine and secured. You will then need to restore the file in its appropriate location.

6.Finally, you must clean your Windows registry from time to time and especially after a missing DLL error occurred. You can use the services of an automatic registry cleaning application that can be downloaded from the Internet to do the scanning and repair tasks.
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 12:56 PM
  • "Mark Louis" wrote in message news:e62473ec-efb6-473d-bb83-f9a6d369fe52...

<STRIKE>6.Finally, you must clean your Windows registry from time to time and especially after a missing DLL error occurred. You can use the services of an automatic registry cleaning application that can be downloaded from the Internet to do the scanning and repair tasks.</STRIKE>

DO NOT use a registry cleaner – they are all snake-oil products, and WILL damage your system sooner or later.

At least once a week I have to deal with a system which has been ‘broken’ thanks to the use of one particular ‘Cleaner’ and I suspect that many more of the problems that I see in the forums are caused by similar cleaners.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:03 PM