none
HELP!!! IE8 streaming video pauses every few seconds

Question

• I really need some help here folks.  Any time I play streaming video on IE8, the video will play for 2-3 seconds, then pause for a second, then play another 2-3 seconds, and then pause for another second.  It does this continuously.  But oddly enough, the audio plays straight with no interruption.

Why is this happening?  It never used to do this.  This is happening on ALL streaming videos, You Tube, TV stations, etc., regardless of source.

What do I need to do to make this stop?  Any tweaks of my system or IE8 settings???  I tried clearing my cache, with no effect.  I also tried disabling add-ons with no effect. 

I use a Win XP platform (SP3) with an ISP providing 15 Mbps, so there's plenty of bandwidth as far as I can see.

Please HELP.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Monday, November 18, 2013 12:17 AM

Answers

All replies

• Have you updated to the latest Flash and Silverlight versions? Also, check to see if there is an updated version of your graphics driver. These may not fix the issue, but it will help us in diagnosing the issues.
    Monday, November 18, 2013 12:29 AM
  • Hi,

When experiencing problems playing videos in Internet Explorer, these problems may be caused by a number of different factors.

Except the suggestions above, you can also try the methods listed in the following kb.

Videos won’t play in Internet Explorer

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2532294/

Hope this helps,

Ada Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:05 AM