none
C-Media USB Headphone Set

Question

• Hello,

I've searched the forum and Google and can not find a solution to my USB Headset issue.  Here is what happened....I upgraded from XP SP2 where the USB headset was working fine.  Upgraded (Clean Install) to Vista Home Premium and now when I plug my Altec Lansing USB AHS302i headset in, I have Vista trying to load the drivers, but fails.  Asks me to insert media, but I have no media.  Called Altec Lansing and they told me there are no drivers as it is plug and play and that it is a Microsoft USB driver issue.  Does anyone know what I need to do to get the right driver installed?

Saturday, April 28, 2007 12:18 AM

All replies

• I have had the same issues.  It is truely a paint in the but.  Mark up another problem with Vista.  I currently am unable to get to the C-Media website... just errors, and blank pages. 
    Wednesday, October 17, 2007 7:27 PM
  • I just bought an OTTO Digital Gaming Headset, Model OT-8 and when I plugged it in, got 3 separate driver reports:

USB Composite Device    Ready to use
    C-Media USB Headphone Set    Failed
    USB Human Interface Device    Ready to use

This is on Vista Home Premium, SP1.  Needless to say, this is disappointing.  The C-Media website points the finger at Microsoft.  Meanwhile, I've got a headset that doesn't work.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might get this headset to work?

Thursday, December 04, 2008 3:04 AM