none
Display driver stopped responding and has recovered - ATI HD 7770

Question

• Every time I play a game it'll be alright for like 5-30 minutes and then suddenly it will crash.
    I have no idea what's causing it and I've tried the following:
    - Reinstalled DirectX and installed previous versions of DirectX with no sign of improvement.
    - Rolled back to several older versions of Catalyst Drivers and I am now on the 12.6 Beta with no improvement & I've reinstalled too many times.
    - Updated Bios for my motherboard
    - I've even tried formatting and it didn't work.

As a test, as soon as I start Call of Duty 4 it crashes straight away. During gameplay of Skyrim and BF3 it does the same after a certain amount of minutes.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Gigabyte HD 7770 OC (12.6 Beta Driver)
    Corsair Vengeance 8 GB RAM 1600 MHz
    Asus P8H77-M LE Motherboard (Bios updated)
    850 Watt Thermaltake PSU
    i5 3570K @ 3.4 GHz
    E2341 LG Monitor

I have a DxDiag file if you'd like to have a look at that also.
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Friday, June 29, 2012 3:43 AM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment)
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 5:33 PM

Answers

• First off, never run beta drivers.  Beta anything comes with bugs and glitches which is the point in being in a beta program but don't rely on it for a solution.  I suggest finding drivers that are 2 revisions back and using those.  AMD has an archive of drivers on their driver website and you can use those.  Hope that helps!

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:33 PM
  • Contact Gigabyte Technical Support for assistance.

Carey Frisch

Friday, June 29, 2012 3:42 AM

All replies

• First off, never run beta drivers.  Beta anything comes with bugs and glitches which is the point in being in a beta program but don't rely on it for a solution.  I suggest finding drivers that are 2 revisions back and using those.  AMD has an archive of drivers on their driver website and you can use those.  Hope that helps!

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:33 PM
  • Contact Gigabyte Technical Support for assistance.

Carey Frisch

Friday, June 29, 2012 3:42 AM
  • To check the event logs and have a hardware troubleshooting.  Does error code or message appear when the game crashes? In the meantime, you may contact manufacture for official  formal drivers and reinstall them.

Ivan-Liu

TechNet Community Support

Monday, July 02, 2012 6:19 AM
  • I used to have the same problem. I just reinstalled Windows and then it was working. Try it!
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:58 PM