none
ASUS AH3450 driver?

Question

• Hi
    This is an older MB a a7n8x-x w/ a Barton 3200 chip on it runnin really good and stable...
    I had an old ATI 9200 vid card in it and wanted to take advantage of directx 10 so I purchaswed this card to
    run better vid quality..
    The vista drivers that came w/ it crash the system and the standard ATI vista drivers don't find it or work and also the
    ATI windows 7 drivers don't run it
    I am stuck w/ standard "elcrapo" vga display... 
    I guess I could shell out a couple hundred bucks on  some new hardware.. but I was looking for some driver ideas from you all
    many thanks
    Gatr
    Tuesday, February 03, 2009 8:20 PM

Answers

• Hello Gatr,

I'd suggest installing the previous device drivers in the Compatibility Wizard. Remove that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

If the problem still persists, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system (only the beta version) and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; some old driver is not compatible with new OS. I suggest that you should wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

Good Luck!

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Thursday, February 12, 2009 4:21 AM
    Friday, February 06, 2009 9:25 AM

All replies

• Sorry, i'm not quite understanding, the 9200 was your old card, but you bought a new one? and thats having driver problems?

whats the new card? or is the 9200 the card having display problems?
    Tuesday, February 03, 2009 8:31 PM
  • Sorry if I was not clear.... The 9200 was my old card  I wanted a directx 10 card so I bought the Asus AH3450...
    All I can seem to work on the 3450 is a standard vga driver... All the other ATI driver I try don't seem to be found by windows 7 or the card is not found..   I mean really 7 does a great job overall in the hardware area....
    I hope that is more clear...
    thx Gatr
    Tuesday, February 03, 2009 9:40 PM
  • Have you tried running any of the Vista32/Vista64 drivers in compatibility mode?

Right click on installer File, select Properties, Compatibility (tab), select Vista, at bottom also put a tick in Run as Administrator, then Apply/OK.

Then try running Installer.
    Tuesday, February 03, 2009 9:48 PM
  • try these ...beta drivers from ati for windows beat 7 they work fine ..i'm running twin asus/ati eah 3850 512's in crossfire

http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=39069
    Tuesday, February 03, 2009 10:46 PM
  • Thanks for the tips guys...
    I tried the windows 7 beta drivers..... the 9.1 drivers vista...  the driver disk that came w/ the card all in vista compatablity mode as admin....
    The one that came w/ the card forces a restore...
    9.1 and the windows 7 beta driver never ask for a restart to install the driver....
    What about an .INF file to install it the old fasion way... where in the ATI mess of files does it live? I can't find one anyplace....
    Look I am no xpert w/ these things but I have built a dozen or so going back to the windows 98 days...  and yes I liked ME...
    :)
    lol
    thanks in advance
    Gatr
    Tuesday, February 03, 2009 11:31 PM
  • I dont know if ATI use .inf or not seeing as ive never owned one, but apparently the 8.12 drivers are working well with 7
    Wednesday, February 04, 2009 12:32 AM
  • OK I guess I will try another Vid Card as all these drivers will not run this dog....  
    thx guys...
    Wednesday, February 04, 2009 4:24 PM
  • Hello Gatr,

I'd suggest installing the previous device drivers in the Compatibility Wizard. Remove that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

If the problem still persists, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system (only the beta version) and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; some old driver is not compatible with new OS. I suggest that you should wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

Good Luck!

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Thursday, February 12, 2009 4:21 AM
    Friday, February 06, 2009 9:25 AM