none
Error creating share on Windows 7 Enterprise

General discussion

• When I attempt to share a folder, I get an error saying that I cannot share the folder.  When I use advanced, I get a more specific reason.  "There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper."

I don't know what that means, but, i used to be able to create shares.

I noticed the problem after adjusting the size of my C and E partitions on my hard drive.

First I shrunk the volume for C.  I wanted to make E bigger, but in the infinite wisdom of the OS developers, that was not an option.  So, I needed to move the contents of E to a directory on C.  This remved my shares to the folders that were on E.  Not sure why the shares could not be moved, since they have nothing to do with a physical location.  But, then I removed the E partition.  Then, I created an E partion that was the size I wanted.  Then I moved the backed up files and folders back.  I attempted to create my share.

I got the error: "There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper."

Before this, I did not know what an endpoint mapper is.  I still don't.  I am a software engineer with 15 years of experience.  I am very good at using Google and Bing to find things I don't know.  I have not fund a solution to this.

Also, using the trouble shooter did not find any issues with sharing.

I cannot start the Windows Firewall.  That was something I had come across.  but, I have never used the Windows firewall and have created shares before.

Friday, February 24, 2012 2:41 AM

All replies