Dynamics CRM 2011 Web Fails with dialogs

Question

• First, let me be very clear, we are regression testing Windows 8 RP in a lab environment..

We have had some issues getting Dynamics CRM 2011 working with the Windows 8 CP and TP. We decided to wait until the RP was released before reporting this because we figured not all APIs were implemented yet.

When we try to access Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 (On-premise) using the Windows 8 RP web browser (IE10) we have limitations to functionality when web dialogs are involved. Any time we do anything that requires the use of a web dialog, we are unable to click any submit buttons (OK, Finish, Cancel, etc). All other non-web dialog buttons and controls seem to work just fine.

Because I'm not sure if this is a IE10 issue or a Dynamics CRM 2011 issue, I'm reporting it here first. This is both with the metro IE and standard IE v10.

We are all loving Windows 8 and can't wait for the RTM. Microsoft, you've done an amazing job updating the start menu/screen to a new era of computing.

Thanks,

Saturday, June 02, 2012 2:32 PM

All replies

• I have a similar experience, I also can't get the Outlook client to connect. I keep getting an error indicating the credentials cannot be authenticated.
    Tuesday, June 05, 2012 5:42 AM
  • Same problem for me, system is completely unusable. Outlook will not connect, dialog box works half of the time and sometimes not at all. Can Microsoft fix this?

daniel

Friday, June 08, 2012 2:26 AM
  • I was able to have Outlook connect by enabling Windows Identify Foundation, still dialog box don't work in IE10 but system seems usable in Outlook

• Edited by Daniel CD Tuesday, June 12, 2012 2:13 AM
    • Proposed as answer by CitriusJohn Friday, June 29, 2012 7:08 AM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 2:04 AM
  • Same problem here.  Cannot connect via Outlook:

---------------------------
    Microsoft Dynamics CRM
    Cannot connect to Microsoft Dynamics CRM server because we cannot authenticate your credentials. Check your connection or contact your administrator for more help.
    OK  

Web dialogs are unusable as well.

Seems like it is an IE security constraint but have not found a way to "trust" CRM Online enough for the dialogs to work.

Looking forward to Windows 8!

Friday, June 29, 2012 5:13 AM
  • I confirmed that enabling the Windows Identity Foundation 3.5 feature will allow you to successfully connect and configure the CRM Outlook client.

I documented the steps here:

http://blogs.citrius.com/2012/06/28/fix-dynamics-crm-for-outlook-client-does-not-work-on-window-8-rc/

The dialogs that do not work in the browser DO work within the Outlook client.

• Proposed as answer by CitriusJohn Friday, June 29, 2012 7:08 AM
    Friday, June 29, 2012 7:08 AM